• OFallon at Hinsdale Central

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Richards at LW North

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Naperville Central at Glenbard North

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edgy, what happened 2 the Simeon East st. Louis game being one of these options?

How are more people not voting for the WN-WWS game? This is pretty much a no-brainer, and that Soldier Field get up is turning into a snooze fest with the same teams year in and year out.

How about making it City vs. Suburbs?

The Soldier Field games should be the games we have been debating all winter....

Naz vs SHG

Providence vs Stevenson

===

Last years 5A champ should play the 6A champ and last years 7A champ should play the 8A champ every year for the first game of the year at Soldier Field.

The opponents originally scheduled against these teams for week 1 would just have to play each other during week 1,

Wassup

Last edited:
The Soldier Field games should be the games we have been debating all winter....

Naz vs SHG

Providence vs Stevenson

===

Last years 5A champ should play the 6A champ and last years 7A champ should play the 8A champ every year for the first game of the year at Soldier Field.

The opponents originally scheduled against these teams for week 1 would just have to play each other during week 1,

Wassup

In principle I agree, that'd be fun but teams have contracts that prexist winning state. It would never work excerpt on paper.

This should be on the list as well.
edgy is specifically looking at Fri games so no Estl Simeon. The Prep Bowl has had a few years I had no interest but MC Marist playing reg season for first time since '99 and Rita playing a team from PA not a snooze fest to me.

edgy is specifically looking at Fri games so no Estl Simeon. The Prep Bowl has had a few years I had no interest but MC Marist playing reg season for first time since '99 and Rita playing a team from PA not a snooze fest to me.

There is a different feel, but the outcome is going to be messy in both games, IMO. Just more compelling games in my eyes.

I'm expecting a blowout from what I hear about this PA team.

If I had to guess I would think that this game goes the same way the Montini game from last year and how the C of M game went in the their last playoff meeting. SR may be just a little too deep and a little too big from the team for PA to handle. No blowout thou. If SR gets up look for them to take the air out of the ball. They will not show anything if they do not have to. The same teaching order runs both schools so there should not be any thing underlying in this game other to get out healthy.

Last edited:
HF at DGS (I am biased) on Friday
BB at GW Sat. at 1pm
ESL at Simoen Sat at 6pm

ESL at Simeon should be on the list. Edgy was not referring to just Friday nite.....his first option to choose (Pre Sesaon Prep Bowl) is on Saturday

HF at DGS (I am biased) on Friday
BB at GW Sat. at 1pm
ESL at Simoen Sat at 6pm

ESL at Simeon should be on the list. Edgy was not referring to just Friday nite.....his first option to choose (Pre Sesaon Prep Bowl) is on Saturday
This is my exact plan

If I had to guess I would think that this game goes the same way the Montini game from last year and how the C of M game went in the their last playoff meeting. SR may be just a little too deep and a little too big from the team for PA to handle. No blowout thou. If SR gets up look for them to take the air out of the ball. They will not show anything if they do not have to. The same teaching order runs both schools so there should not be any thing underlying in this game other to get out healthy.

Hey Tom,

Good to hear from you. What do you expect out of SR this year? Several 0 - 4 predictions in the CCL Blue; you agree?

Hey Tom,

Good to hear from you. What do you expect out of SR this year? Several 0 - 4 predictions in the CCL Blue; you agree?

6-3. Maybe a game better if they finish the second half of the year healthy. They will run the ball better this year. I see this team getting better as the year goes along. I'm still a little out of the loop thou. All my info is second hand this year so far. Very sick last season. Transplant in Feb. But out golfing now. Looking forward to a fast start thou.

WNHS v. WWS week one. Could determine DVC? Napervilles (all 4 of them) may argue...rightfully. Oh yeah... And GN has a say... Crap. Who wins DVC. Previous thread.

Reactions: tlord27
My cousin should be a contributor for my Stangs so I have to get out to see him and what better game to do that?

Truth. Hopefully they can hang and have a good showing. Good luck to the cousin, safe and productive is the goal, right?

Reactions: Cross Bones
No brainer to me. Bronco vs qbu.

I think we will learn a lot about both teams this game.

OPRF just lost their best player to Olympic wrestling, so id avoid Oak Park. Probably best to see O'Fallon vs Hinsdale Central. How often do you get to see a downstate team up here? Then go watch ESL take on Simeon on Saturday evening. In one weekend you've got the basis for analyzing downstate. Of course, you have to spend a sunny warm Saturday afternoon in Glen Ellyn. Edgy...no thunderstorms this opening weekend! Let's all pray for good weather.

OPRF just lost their best player to Olympic wrestling, so id avoid Oak Park. Probably best to see O'Fallon vs Hinsdale Central. How often do you get to see a downstate team up here? Then go watch ESL take on Simeon on Saturday evening. In one weekend you've got the basis for analyzing downstate. Of course, you have to spend a sunny warm Saturday afternoon in Glen Ellyn. Edgy...no thunderstorms this opening weekend! Let's all pray for good weather.

ADVERTISEMENT