ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest Player (All-Time) to Play Against Your Team?

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
Who was the player that played against your team that always was tough to play against?

Wassup

For Montini....

Driscoll - Greg Turner, David Schwabe
SHG - Gabe Green
LWE - Tom Fuessel
JCA - Mike Ivlow, Ty Isaac
MCC - Chris Streveler
St. Francis - Mark Kachmer
Marmion - TJ Lally
Loyola - Malcolm Weaver

Last edited:
LOL this is a joke of a question!

The only answer anyone should give is dergo, whether you played against him or not does not matter - either way, he was the toughest player your team played against.

wassup - on the other side of things, i happen to agree with your ivlow pick. IMO, he was as tough as there was.

I also think the fuessel pick is spot on.

Like for you my man

Vince Massat - Andrew

Kid scored in every way imaginable one game... rushing, receiving, defense, and special teams. Killed us all by himself.

Pirkle & Olafson - LWE

pretty much just shut the offense down. Period.

Mlady - NN

ran unimpeded into the endzone at will in 2007

JCHill,

Agreed Dergo was a monster and glad I did not have to watch him play against the Bronco's.

They need to put that game on youtube.com so those younger guys can watch that game. Dergo was unbelievable.

Wassup

Last edited:
Reactions: Horsefeather
When I was in school, the toughest player I remember facing was running back Andy Gasparro from Marian Catholic. He was big, strong and had some speed. Was an absolute wrecking ball. Jeff Zgonina from Carmel was also a monster.

Jon Cleveland, Running Back at Shepard in the early 2000's and Pierre Thomas at T.F. South, I think PT had like 8 carriers for 250 yards and 4 TDs my senior year at OLCHS. The Richards team my junior year was stacked but ran into the buzzsaw that was PC in the state final.

Phil Adler (RB) from Wheaton Central (now WWS). The red-headed human bowling ball (5' 7) was impossible to tackle. Huge thorn in the side of the Huskies. We won a state title his senior year (1992), yet we couldn't beat him and his Tigers. Joliet Catholic fans will remember him in the 1992 double OT title game loss to Wheaton Central/ Warrenville South. Phil was also a standout in baseball and wrestling. JCA had a pretty good RB as well that year (Mike Alstott).

Phil Adler (RB) from Wheaton Central (now WWS). The red-headed human bowling ball (5' 7) was impossible to tackle. Huge thorn in the side of the Huskies. We won a state title his senior year (1992), yet we couldn't beat him and his Tigers. Joliet Catholic fans will remember him in the 1992 double OT title game loss to Wheaton Central/ Warrenville South. Phil was also a standout in baseball and wrestling. JCA had a pretty good RB as well that year (Mike Alstott).

I agree with your statement about Adler...however, Alstott was not on the 1992 JC team. He was already gone to Purdue. JC's running backs were Matt Larsen, who was a load. and Mike Sopko. Very good JC team.

Brant Young - Bloom

Antwaan Randel El - Thornton

Tai Streets - Thornton

Phil Macklin - Proviso East

Reactions: Cross Bones
Jon Cleveland, Running Back at Shepard in the early 2000's and Pierre Thomas at T.F. South, I think PT had like 8 carriers for 250 yards and 4 TDs my senior year at OLCHS. The Richards team my junior year was stacked but ran into the buzzsaw that was PC in the state final.
Cleveland was an absolute beast. 6'1 240 and the fastest kid on the team. In basketball, Shepard was the only team that held Eddie Curry under 10 points, most of it because of Cleveland's defense.

ADVERTISEMENT