ADVERTISEMENT

Top 2 and 4 of 6 Blue Teams

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
Illinois prep report has MC #1, Rita 2, PC 4 and Rice 6. MC and Rice are in Louisville for a tourney vs. teams from TN,WV,OH,KY . PC beat JC 17-12. Boykin just went off. But really kind of a Johnny Wholestaff game and JC was without Delassandro.

I was just in a discussion this weekend about the CCL's baseball strength. I knew MC and Rita were loaded. It appears Provi is much better than anticipated, and I heard Rice has a lot of young talent. Not sure about Laurence, but clearly the CCL is poised for a great year.

I saw a few of JC's games (Lockport and Plainfield Central) in the WJOL tournament. Their #2 pitcher, Ehrsam, was impressive against Plainfield Central. Judging by the success Provi had in the championship game, they may need to use Delasandro on the mound a bit more than expected. I know they planned to limit his pitching this year and use him primarily as a catcher. It's early, though. We shall see how their pitching develops.

I was very impressed with Fellows' hitting. He's a true middle-of-the-order threat with good power from the left side. Didn't realize he was that good of a hitter. Their #3 hitter, soph KC Simonich, also is impressive. They appear to have one of their better hitting teams in awhile.

MC's starting 8 are all D-1. Granted some are Chi St, Valpo, Grambling-but they have some headliners in Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, Louisville, Wake Forest. All comes down to pitching. With the 4 classes and games spread out u don't need but 2 or 3 guys. Before with 2 classes and having to win 3 games in 2 days at the end u needed a deeper staff. I would think 4A comes down to MC/SR winner in playoffs.

JC should win 3A. I would just go off matchups in playoffs and set it up where if they played a team who ran go w Fellows and Delaasandro catching and a station to station go Delassandro on the mound.

MC must have really good coaching, more D1 kids this year than we have had in 87 years..

They definitely do have a great coach. From the Gordie Gillespie coaching tree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT