ADVERTISEMENT

The year of the DVC?

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
So...does the DVC rise this season? Illinois football is better when the DVC is tops with the Blue...and with the new additions, hard to deny - or think - they won't be back.

If the NN can find its footing again - that would help, too...

anyone want to take a stab?

JC,

Adding NV and Wv is going to make that league really really good. Its going to be interesting to see what schools they dvc play for nonconference games

No non conference games the teams each play a cross over game with the U8.

i think the new set up is a detriment for the DVC. Too many tough games and with true 1-32 seeding supposedly in 7-8A , a 6-3 , 5-4 team will really have to earn its way thru the playoffs.

i think the new set up is a detriment for the DVC. Too many tough games and with true 1-32 seeding supposedly in 7-8A , a 6-3 , 5-4 team will really have to earn its way thru the playoffs.
If I was a top seed I wouldn't be very excited to see a 6-3, 5-4 Wheaton South, Neuqua Valley, Wabuonsie Valley, etc....

not many would but i expect some of these teams to have a lot of injuries. plus with proper seeding and if u are a 6-3 team its just a more difficult road

It's tough to handicap the conference there are to many teams I have no clue about but I do know if Wheaton North doesn't make a serious run at a state title in '15 or '16 they never will.

This is a killer set up. Not one easy game on the schedule. I would never have voted for this. There will be good teams that don't make the playoffs.

WWS has to be the favorite, they're due to be, IDC what anyone says otherwise.

Look at Nap C schedule:
1 @GBN
2 Nequa
3 Matea
4 @ Waub V
5 WWS
6 @Batavia
7NN
8 WN
9 @Lake Park

Granted NN and LP are on here but this is overscheduling in my book

ADVERTISEMENT