ADVERTISEMENT

the key game on your team's schedule.

West,

If nothing else SF saved HS from getting beat 100-0. In the blink of a eye the score against Naz was 28-0. SF was destroyed by the Naz buzzsaw.

If Nazareth had been at full strenght against Lemont the next week they would have beat Lemont by at lest 2 more touchdowns.

You're 100% correct. SF was a very good team last year (saw them on multiple occasions) and they were so incredibly overmatched by Nazareth it's not even funny. I expect Nazareth to be good now and in the future but that was a generational team.

West,

If Nazareth had been at full strenght against Lemont the next week they would have beat Lemont by at lest 2 more touchdowns.

I know some are very excited about Naz season last year but, this is a very disrespectful post in my opinion. Basically Lemont had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Lemont was just happy to be on the field with such a GREAT team. I wonder if Lemont took time out from their trophy presentation to get autographs from the Naz players.

I know some are very excited about Naz season last year but, this is a very disrespectful post in my opinion. Basically Lemont had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Lemont was just happy to be on the field with such a GREAT team. I wonder if Lemont took time out from their trophy presentation to get autographs from the Naz players.

There was I think 17 kids in the hospital 1 day before the game and Naz still won by 3 scores. What are you talking about?

Plus I don't think that's a Naz guy, I'm not a Naz guy either although I do have rooting interest in them.

West,

If nothing else SF saved HS from getting beat 100-0. In the blink of a eye the score against Naz was 28-0. SF was destroyed by the Naz buzzsaw.

We are on the same page, my comment was directed at the poster saying HS could have beaten SF if it was a night game. My point was, good luck playing Naz the next week for what would have been another Day game. Ive said it many times that it wasnt just a beat down, it was an annihilation. I was on the SF side at the beginning, I thought SF had some sort of edge because both players and parents were awfully confident. It reminded me of the WWS vs MC 07 state championship game, where most people thought it would be a competitive game but it was the opposite.

I am a SF fan and graduate. I said nothing negative about Lemont at all. What are you talking about?

If you want to know if Lemont players asked Naz fans for the autographs, ask them. All I said is that Naz had a very good team that absolutely pasted us. I stand by my post where I said had Naz been at full strength they would have beaten Lemont by 2 tds. That said with 13 guys back for this year I think Naz can win 7 games this year. I think they ost a few good kids on dfefense and the offensive line but I see them getting to 7 prretty easily.

I am a SF fan and graduate. I said nothing negative about Lemont at all. What are you talking about?

If you want to know if Lemont players asked Naz fans for the autographs, ask them. All I said is that Naz had a very good team that absolutely pasted us. I stand by my post where I said had Naz been at full strength they would have beaten Lemont by 2 tds. That said with 13 guys back for this year I think Naz can win 7 games this year. I think they ost a few good kids on dfefense and the offensive line but I see them getting to 7 prretty easily.
I think depth is a big key for Naz this year. Must stay healthy as numbers are very light. Losing their OL really hurts but with 3 scholarship guys up front I think they'll be ok. They obviously lost some talent but have a ton of it back, the OL is a huge loss as are a few other players but the one guy I don't think they can replace is #13 Kelly-Martin (can't spell his first name). That kid was a freak of nature.

West,

If Nazareth had been at full strength against Lemont the next week they would have beat Lemont by at lest 2 more touchdowns.

Simon,
SF had a very good team last year and beat the crap out of HS. Whether by design or circumstance, we were very 1 dimensional and did not play well. Was SF a better team, yes (mostly seniors playing against mostly junior) and not really a surprise. However, I don't think the teams were as far apart as the score indicated. As I recall, midway thru 2nd qtr, SF up 14-7, when they made a series of unbelievable plays in about a 5 min span to push the game to 34-7 at half and effectively end it. At that point HS was done.

DH article provides a good summary of the series of unbelievable plays by SF. Have to give them credit, they made the plays
http://football.dailyherald.com/article/20141115/sports/141118818/

Simon,
SF had a very good team last year and beat the crap out of HS. Whether by design or circumstance, we were very 1 dimensional and did not play well. Was SF a better team, yes (mostly seniors playing against mostly junior) and not really a surprise. However, I don't think the teams were as far apart as the score indicated. As I recall, midway thru 2nd qtr, SF up 14-7, when they made a series of unbelievable plays in about a 5 min span to push the game to 34-7 at half and effectively end it. At that point HS was done.

DH article provides a good summary of the series of unbelievable plays by SF. Have to give them credit, they made the plays

hornet,

I was just using the 100-0 score to push back on the projection wild mustang used on the difference between a Friday and Saturday game.

I said in an early post that HS was "a year away" because they had a ton of juniors last year. Losing your qb will hurt but I still see HS going somewhere with the guys back on defense.

Best you your boys this year!

Simon understood.

As for QB, we should be fine. Last year's backup is a very good passer, so should see a major improvement in passing game. He is nowhere near the athlete (runner) as last year. However, we have 2 or 3 RBs that can get it done on ground.

Good luck this year as well.

I have a different opinion. No big deal. To say that if they were healthy the would beat them by two more scores is to say Lemont had no say so in the outcome. I understand that the beat the team you were routing for pretty badly however that was THAT team. The game played out how it played out. Who's to say that everyone on Lemont's team was 100% healthy. Just different point of views.

Simon,

I'm so confused.

I have a different opinion. No big deal. To say that if they were healthy the would beat them by two more scores is to say Lemont had no say so in the outcome. I understand that the beat the team you were routing for pretty badly however that was THAT team. The game played out how it played out. Who's to say that everyone on Lemont's team was 100% healthy. Just different point of views.

It's ok for people to hypothesize that Nazareth was MUCH better than Lemont because they were and proved it despite looking like the walking dead due to illness.

I'm so confused.
About what?

SF was the better team. In addition to that they made 3-4 plays in 2nd qtr that I don't think they made week-in and week-out that lead to them putting the game away. IMO the two teams were not as far apart as the score indicated.
Others who saw the game may disagree. That's OK too

About what?

SF was the better team. In addition to that they made 3-4 plays in 2nd qtr that I don't think they made week-in and week-out that lead to them putting the game away. IMO the two teams were not as far apart as the score indicated.
Others who saw the game may disagree. That's OK too

I guess, well, the short ... very short response to this is: according to your post that got all of this going, it does not matter whether SF makes those plays week in and week out, it matters only if they would have made those plays on a Friday or a Saturday.

As far as being as separated by scoring....as you will see on this board, we put very little into final scores, except when it comes to maine southing...and if you stick around, you will learn that term.

As for a slightly more complicated answer, the fact that you keep saying SF was a better team, then qualifying it, speaks for itself. Everyone knows SF was the better team, they won handidly, no matter the score. As far as the 3-4 plays, that is how you win games. If every team made the same amount of good plays, we would all be sitting around watching ties...it's exactly the team that makes the 3-4 better plays that wins by 3-4 more scores. If SF made only 1-2 better plays, maybe they win by something not so close to a running clock.

The part that had me confused was (in addition to the friday/saturday distinction) you aver the games was close than the score indicated by providing us a mid-2nd quarter score. For all you know, SF started to play things a little closer to the vest?

Lastly as far as being crushed and being away for a week, don't worry, it happens to all of us....well...some of us.

Let the SF game go...they won heavily, then got maine southed by Naz a week later. There are better arguments to make for your hornets being good.

I guess, well, the short ... very short response to this is: according to your post that got all of this going, it does not matter whether SF makes those plays week in and week out, it matters only if they would have made those plays on a Friday or a Saturday.

As far as being as separated by scoring....as you will see on this board, we put very little into final scores, except when it comes to maine southing...and if you stick around, you will learn that term.

As for a slightly more complicated answer, the fact that you keep saying SF was a better team, then qualifying it, speaks for itself. Everyone knows SF was the better team, they won handidly, no matter the score. As far as the 3-4 plays, that is how you win games. If every team made the same amount of good plays, we would all be sitting around watching ties...it's exactly the team that makes the 3-4 better plays that wins by 3-4 more scores. If SF made only 1-2 better plays, maybe they win by something not so close to a running clock.

The part that had me confused was (in addition to the friday/saturday distinction) you aver the games was close than the score indicated by providing us a mid-2nd quarter score. For all you know, SF started to play things a little closer to the vest?

Lastly as far as being crushed and being away for a week, don't worry, it happens to all of us....well...some of us.

Let the SF game go...they won heavily, then got maine southed by Naz a week later. There are better arguments to make for your hornets being good.
JC,

I think you are mixing up/merging posters. I have made no suggestion that game would be different on Fri nor reference to being gone for a week. Go back a check.

I expressed my opinion as did you. Obviously both different. Both valid, since just opinions.

BTW, I do know what main southed means

It's ok for people to hypothesize that Nazareth was MUCH better than Lemont because they were and proved it despite looking like the walking dead due to illness.

Again, I saw the game differently and that wasn't my fist time seeing Naz. I accept your opinion however my thoughts remain the same.

To Maine South a team is to disintegrate, dismantle, humiliate.

Example:

Maine East was losing to Maine South 44-0 toward the end of the 4th and turned over the ball on downs. Instead of running out the clock, Maine South decided on a play action 1 route to their fastest receiver and adding insult to injury, scored yet again as time expired.

To Maine South a team is to disintegrate, dismantle, humiliate.

Example:

Maine East was losing to Maine South 44-0 toward the end of the 4th and turned over the ball on downs. Instead of running out the clock, Maine South decided on a play action 1 route to their fastest receiver and adding insult to injury, scored yet again as time expired.

Ahh, I guess I did not know what it meant. I thought it just meant to get beat badly.

Thanks for the clarification

JC,

I think you are mixing up/merging posters. I have made no suggestion that game would be different on Fri nor reference to being gone for a week. Go back a check.

I expressed my opinion as did you. Obviously both different. Both valid, since just opinions.

Well, i told you i was confused....

my bad...

Super Bowl 20 is so deceiving cause NE was winning 3-0 until the Bears made good plays and won 46-10.

Again, I saw the game differently and that wasn't my fist time seeing Naz. I accept your opinion however my thoughts remain the same.

The talent disparity between the two teams was shocking. Once Love locked Nagel down, the game was a blowout. Naz also called off the dogs. Great season by Lemont, but IMO they were lucky Naz was sick, because ill they still dominated. Healthy? Woof...

Reactions: jwarigaku
The talent disparity between the two teams was shocking. Once Love locked Nagel down, the game was a blowout. Naz also called off the dogs. Great season by Lemont, but IMO they were lucky Naz was sick, because ill they still dominated. Healthy? Woof...
I think Nazareth has enough talent to win 7a, and hear they have brought in a great freshmen team.

I think Nazareth has enough talent to win 7a, and hear they have brought in a great freshmen team.
Naz certainly has enough talent to win 7A. However, if they run into a team that can contain their run game, not sure their pass game can win a tough semi or final game in this situation. From what I saw at their 7 on 7 their QB situation may not be settled.nn

That is nice and all, but wont have much impact on this years team if they are very good this year.

Speaking of Naz I see they returned to a Sophomore schedule and dropped the JV schedule this year. I wonder what Jwarigaku thinks about that.

Naz certainly has enough talent to win 7A. However, if they run into a team that can contain their run game, not sure their pass game can win a tough semi or final game in this situation. From what I saw at their 7 on 7 their QB situation may not be settled.nn
Their starting QB was in Florida for a baseball tournament. Their QB and passing game will be a strength.

That is nice and all, but wont have much impact on this years team if they are very good this year.

Speaking of Naz I see they returned to a Sophomore schedule and dropped the JV schedule this year. I wonder what Jwarigaku thinks about that.
It might not mean anything now,but the players Nazareth got from Brideport and around Midway are players Mount Carmel wanted.

It might not mean anything now,but the players Nazareth got from Brideport and around Midway are players Mount Carmel wanted.

I'm willing to guess they found other ones.

MC140

Actually the entire ESCC went to a JV schedule not a Sophomore schedule.

To be on the same page you are saying 21-0 is a blowout correct? Naz had a kid rush for 200 plus yards and they threw for just under a 100. Are you guys saying if healthy, they have another back rush for 200 which would total 400 yards rushing. Or maybe they throw for an additional 100 plus giving them 600 yards of total offense compared to their actual game stat of 337 total yards. Are we saying that the scoring of 14 pts in the first, 6 in the third, and 6 in the fourth could have easily been 14 each quarter? Not sure what they averaged during the season, maybe 400 plus but, typically in the state game teams are held below their average. In the end, it's not that important. I gave my opinion and so far it hasn't changed. If there is something out there that I am missing (a certain kid didn't play or a certain kid didn't play a certain position due to illness) I will be happy to adjust my opinion. Otherwise it seems that we have some over excited fans that are putting the world champ title on this team. Not Epic specifically overall but when you take a step back and read this thread, it seem pretty cocky to me. If everyone is so confident, why not petition to repeat as 6A champs? I wont get into the 7A/ 8A discussion. How about just challenge yourself to face Montini, SHG, PC, CG, etc?

Reactions: flyerforlife
[
MC140

Actually the entire ESCC went to a JV schedule not a Sophomore schedule.

I heard that earlier in the summer, but I just talked to a coach that indicated that the ESCC was going to have frosh, soph and varsity, not a JV schedule as originally planned. For what it's worth, I think a JV schedule was a great idea.

[
I heard that earlier in the summer, but I just talked to a coach that indicated that the ESCC was going to have frosh, soph and varsity, not a JV schedule as originally planned. For what it's worth, I think a JV schedule was a great idea.

I heard the same. It was originally supposed to be JV, but then changed back to soph. I wonder if it will be a hybrid JV based on opponent. Last I heard, JC has 22 sophs. on the soph. team and 4 up on varsity. Unless they have a number of freshmen on the sophs., 22 is an awfully low number for a soph. team, IMO.

these numbers are not good for our favorite sport :( SF and JC having trouble with football numbers, not good for any of us....

I Was told yesterday that JCA has 58 frosh in camp this summer. Supposed to be a pretty talented group. I would not be surprised to see 10-15 of them playing on soph team.

Reactions: TPF523 and psspfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT