ADVERTISEMENT

So...who are our 2k rushers this season?

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
After a few down years in IL football, I think competition will be a little deeper this season...thanks god.

I don't think RB academy ... Joliet Catholic Academy ... will have one this season, but i see at least two backs with 1200+

Whose gonna hit 2k this year?

Moran of O'fallon will be out to prove his worth. May have the best season of his career.

Darrius Crump Warren - 1700 yards last season.

Maybe Riley Lees of Libertyville but that might be tough as he thiroww a lot too.

Possibly Rondell Jamison of Carnel

Naz will split carries too much for any back.

Tricase from Glenbard North has the talent and scheme, but that schedule...

Liam Morrissey from LWE is my pick to click.

Bones,

You are right. Sam Brodner will tear it up this season.
Sam should have a great year, but probably doesn't make 2,000 yards
I'd guess more like 1600, but can get +25 touchdowns. GW backfield will be loaded so expect one or two more RB'S with +1000 yards. Keep in mind that Sam will spend some minutes on defense this year so some of the junior backs will get some extra scoring time.

Sam should have a great year, but probably doesn't make 2,000 yards
I'd guess more like 1600, but can get +25 touchdowns. GW backfield will be loaded so expect one or two more RB'S with +1000 yards. Keep in mind that Sam will spend some minutes on defense this year so some of the junior backs will get some extra scoring time.

Brodner will possibly crack 2,500 assuming he stays healthy and GW goes deep in 7A/8A...important to remember that he really didn't carry the ball much in first three games last year and still had 1,960. The other RBs are high quality and will hit many home runs as D's focus on Brods, but let's be honest, he is a very special ball carrier (for any non-GW fan, check out the 2014 highlight reel). With old OC gone, Hetlett will put the ball in the big man's hands and live or die with his horse.

Linebacker experiment may not be necessary as he has settled on Vandy as a RB. The LB stuff was to open possibilities as most D1 schools disregard kids that lack the right, ahem, make up. If you look at all the measurables (215lbs, 4.49 - 40 with 39" vert) and game films, it is hard not to come to the conclusion that he is underrated by most recruiting services. (not in the Illinois Top 30? Really?)

Brodner will possibly crack 2,500 assuming he stays healthy and GW goes deep in 7A/8A...important to remember that he really didn't carry the ball much in first three games last year and still had 1,960. The other RBs are high quality and will hit many home runs as D's focus on Brods, but let's be honest, he is a very special ball carrier (for any non-GW fan, check out the 2014 highlight reel). With old OC gone, Hetlett will put the ball in the big man's hands and live or die with his horse.

Linebacker experiment may not be necessary as he has settled on Vandy as a RB. The LB stuff was to open possibilities as most D1 schools disregard kids that lack the right, ahem, make up. If you look at all the measurables (215lbs, 4.49 - 40 with 39" vert) and game films, it is hard not to come to the conclusion that he is underrated by most recruiting services. (not in the Illinois Top 30? Really?)
As long as he finds the sledding...Tuf in week 1

Reactions: capnbillhitters

Actually I was thinking only about regular season, and not including playoffs. I agree with you that he is a special kid. But, I strongly believe that everyone will be talking about the triple threat that GW running backs present this season. And with a QB who can air it out and an experienced line, Sam will lead an offense unlike anything we've seen at GW. Thinking back to last year, I thought GW was about 7 points per game less an offensive team than they had been in the previous 2 seasons. I think this upcoming team could be 14 points per game better than last season. It could be epic.

As long as he finds the sledding...Tuf in week 1
No doubt Bones. We are all looking forward to week 1 to see how we can possibly stop that guy. Last year, Vitale from WWS caused all kinds of trouble by taking an inside out route that destroyed cut back lanes.

When it comes to stacking up yards, it tends to be those WSS games where we wear down folks in the trenches and it comes down to how long our 1st teamers play. Best matches of the year will be the GW OL trying to contain BB in week 1 and Mr King in Week 2. That oLine may surprise some people outside GW, but not us. We know they are a wrecking crew. If Brods collects 250 through those two first games, 2,500 may be in sight.

Once again, I am trying to maintain some sense of sanity here, but I do agree with Chuck that it could be epic.

sterling's qb sterling thornton has a good shot at throwing and running for a combined 2,000 yards this season. he did it as a junior last year.

After a few down years in IL football, I think competition will be a little deeper this season...thanks god.

I don't think RB academy ... Joliet Catholic Academy ... will have one this season, but i see at least two backs with 1200+

Whose gonna hit 2k this year?
Griffin Hill (Antioch)

One person few are talking about, but who I think has a legitimate shot at a 2,000 yard season is Rondel Jamison from Carmel Catholic. He gained over 1,400 yards last season as a sophomore, playing primarily fullback in the triple option offense. Now a Junior, no doubt the Corsairs are looking for new offensive sets to give the ball to the shifty and extremely quick Jamison. You heard it here. If he doesn't get hurt, Rondel Jamison will challenge Darius Crump for the best rushing total in Lake County.

Michael Johnson from JCA? 446 yards in two games vs two decent defenses

WADR to his teammates, the AP should just list Rocky Luther as "James Robinson"
They have more than just him. Really a quick team, kids have spent a lot of time in the weight room. Also coached by Bruce Bazali (sp?) used to be the OC at Prospect in their hay day and also was the HC at Elk Grove. He has completely turned the program around.

Reactions: boylanfan33
Michael Johnson from JCA? 446 yards in two games vs two decent defenses

Very true, USD. Johnson has gotten bigger, and I've been very impressed with his speed this year. He seems to have added a 5th gear that he didn't have last year.

I picked Richie Warfield in this thread. Not looking so good now. Still surprised by the O-line play of the Celtics thus far this year.

Also consider that going from 3rd or 4th fiddle to the lead chair is sometimes quite difficult.

Very true, USD. Johnson has gotten bigger, and I've been very impressed with his speed this year. He seems to have added a 5th gear that he didn't have last year.

I picked Richie Warfield in this thread. Not looking so good now. Still surprised by the O-line play of the Celtics thus far this year.

I picked Tricase. GN has decided to not give him the football. Kid's being wasted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT