ADVERTISEMENT

So....if everything goes as planned....

First of congrats! It's the greatest experience of your life to this point.

My advice to you, start drinking heavily - especially if it's a girl! Just kidding

Sleep now because when your child is born you'll be amped for days on end.

All the best and congrats again!

Enjoy the moment.

And if it's a boy, immediately start promoting him as a 4-star prospect of the class of '32.

Also, you should name him Gordie.

Congrats, JC! You'll be a great father, something you will definitely enjoy. Some observations:

Took the class with the wifey before our first child and watched "delivery" videos. Man, those nurses would just manhandle those newborns!

First child, I would try and keep occupied while my wife would change her diaper, fearing the cry.

Second child, who the hell cares, babies cry.

Third child, change your own damn diaper, MoFo!

Patience, patience and more patience! From our own personal experience, put the kid in the damn crib right away. You both deserve some sleep; his/her little movements and sounds will keep you up.

We've been blessed with three great little sleepers.

Totally forgot kid congrats. Advice? Drink heavily? Kidding. Just try the best you can and understand that your life as you knew it will change completely...but it's worth it.

Best of luck JC.

Two of my greatest joys in my life are my sons.

Have fun. Enjoy it while it lasts because one day you are holding them in a delivery room and the next day they are gone and off to college.

Congrats JCHill!! Lots of great advice here. The delivery will be the most amazing, bloody and emotional time in your life!

Patience is key.
Take lots of pictures.
Sleep whenever you can.
Enjoy every minute because it goes by so fast!

Originally posted by crusader_of_90:
1) Be there for the delivery.

2) Remain "behind the curtain" near Mama's shoulders. Do not venture to the other side.
copy: remain behind the curtain!

Originally posted by JCHILLTOPPERS:

Originally posted by crusader_of_90:
1) Be there for the delivery.

2) Remain "behind the curtain" near Mama's shoulders. Do not venture to the other side.
copy: remain behind the curtain!
Having a little guy under 1 I'll tell ya get rest now, even if they sleep you're worn out.

And copy : Be a Northsider in delivery.

congrats!

-start saving for his/her college right now, if you haven't already.
-read to him/her every day, even if it's only for 10 minutes
-don't freak out if he/she isn't hitting benchmarks as quickly as others. he/she will get there
-be proud, yet humble, regarding his/her accomplishments as a 1 year old, 6 year old, 15 year old, etc
-be a good role model...they are always watching you!

Originally posted by Golden Warrior:
congrats!

-start saving for his/her college right now, if you haven't already.
-read to him/her every day, even if it's only for 10 minutes
-don't freak out if he/she isn't hitting benchmarks as quickly as others. he/she will get there
-be proud, yet humble, regarding his/her accomplishments as a 1 year old, 6 year old, 15 year old, etc
-be a good role model...they are always watching you!
Winner

Congrats brother!

Best thing in the world, and a test of a true man.

Originally posted by epicbret:
Congrats brother!

Best thing in the world, and a test of a true man.
according to Boyz n the Hood: anyone can have a kid, it takes a man to raise a child...or something like that.

Win brownie points by buying your wife something for all the work she is going to do.

Originally posted by JCHILLTOPPERS:

I'm a father in 3 days. Who has advice for a first timer?
JC:

It appears as if edgy's members have delivered some valuable advice, all of which illustrate accomplished fathers.

Despite having acquitted themselves in the realm of parenting, the respondents here have neglected to mention a phenomenon of critical substance. Childbirth is a pivotal moment: Your wife will change.

God's going to crack open something in your heart that you didn't even know existed

ADVERTISEMENT