ADVERTISEMENT

Simple question: So who should be preseason #1 team?

1. MC
2. LA
3. Provi
4. Rita
No love for LWEast? They are a good program year in and year and year out. I wouldn't put SR or PC in top 5 just yet.

HF should be #1 preseason with MC #2 followed by GBW, LA and Stevenson in no particular order.

Nope just reflecting that the prevailing sentiment about the CCL Blue...

The prevailing sentiment that the CCL Blue is a top conference? I don't think anyone on this board would argue against it being a top football conference, but maybe I'm wrong and someone would argue that it's not among the best conferences in the state. Either way, I think both MC & LA are top 5 teams and that puts the conference in a strong position.

Does any other conference get as many teams in the football finals, semis, quarters? I doubt it.

BTW, check the standings for prep baseball. MC, SR, PC, BR, SL all at or near the top ... and all from the south side of the Blue.

Still dont understand what happened in Naperville last season... Rice had the game in control in the 1st half. Anyone?
same problems that plagued them the whole year the defense could not stop the screen pass and the offense just got bogged down.

Not sure where Rita, Rice, PC would be just yet but MC and LA are def top 5 teams at a min to start the season. Also Blue has won titles last 3 seasons with MC 8A '12, MC 7A '13 and Celtic last season.

Not sure where Rita, Rice, PC would be just yet but MC and LA are def top 5 teams at a min to start the season. Also Blue has won titles last 3 seasons with MC 8A '12, MC 7A '13 and Celtic last season.
can't argue with success the blue is one of the top conferences in the state

Does any other conference get as many teams in the football finals, semis, quarters? I doubt it.

BTW, check the standings for prep baseball. MC, SR, PC, BR, SL all at or near the top ... and all from the south side of the Blue.
can't argue with the success of the baseball programs either the blue is one of the top conferences in the state in football as well as baseball

Reactions: chief1968
Blue has won last 2 4A baseball titles as well with MC and PC. AND Joe's won 3A basketball and is in CCL now so that's last 3 years football, 2 baseball and basketball this year!

Last edited:
Reactions: biglatte
Changed my mind, I'm going GBW #1. I'll develop my reasons in various posts over the summer especially as we get closer to kick off.

Glenbard West returns 11 starters from last year's team. However, the team they field in 2015 will be the best team they've had in 7 years. Sam Brodner, one of the best running backs in the state, will move to defense in 2015. GW will have its best offense ever, and the strongest defense in the 7 years I've been watching them. Are they number 1? I don't know, but if not them, then whoever is number 1 better be ready for them in November. Don't you love high school football?

Reactions: Cross Bones
Glenbard West returns 11 starters from last year's team. However, the team they field in 2015 will be the best team they've had in 7 years. Sam Brodner, one of the best running backs in the state, will move to defense in 2015. GW will have its best offense ever, and the strongest defense in the 7 years I've been watching them. Are they number 1? I don't know, but if not them, then whoever is number 1 better be ready for them in November. Don't you love high school football?
Keep us posted Charles. I'll need info for posts as we approach week 1
banderas.png

Is Brodner going to play full time on defense?

will they be 7A or 8A?
Is Brodner going to play full time on defense?
Yes, he's going to play both ways. He's been told by some big schools that they'd like to see him play linebacker his senior year. My guess is we will see him play inside LB but they will want him outside, too. He will play at running back, too, but GW has 2 kids coming up who are crazy fast, along with the returning backs. Don't get me wrong, Sam is one of the top running backs in Illinois but if he needs to focus on defense to get a better college offer, then GW has plenty of tools to step in for him. He's a great kid and Coach will give him a chance to do what's best.

Yes, he's going to play both ways. He's been told by some big schools that they'd like to see him play linebacker his senior year. My guess is we will see him play inside LB but they will want him outside, too. He will play at running back, too, but GW has 2 kids coming up who are crazy fast, along with the returning backs. Don't get me wrong, Sam is one of the top running backs in Illinois but if he needs to focus on defense to get a better college offer, then GW has plenty of tools to step in for him. He's a great kid and Coach will give him a chance to do what's best.
if he is in fact a top 5 RB, it would be crazy for him not to play there full time - especially if that helps the team most. I would put him on defense in special occasions only. GW has not gotten more titles in the recent past because of offense...their defense is always legit.

Furthermore, big time programs already have their top LBs spotted, recruited, and in many cases signed. If I was him, i'd prefer to show of my athleticism, which in high school is best done at RB. If he's that athletic, which i think he is, schools will find a position for him. I've seen it first hand...

all that said, i trust the GW coaching staff to make the right moves, they've proven to do so.

Brodner is an absolute beast but isn't he 5'9"? I would think that would essentially close the book on LB offers at big schools.

Funny how you are saying all this stuff about GBW when practice has not even started yet. No disrespect, but all I am saying is don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Funny how you are saying all this stuff about GBW when practice has not even started yet. No disrespect, but all I am saying is don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Meh. Naz fans were selling wings in June last season. Turned out alright

To Jchilltoppers, I agree with you except to say that Brodner has heard from several Big 10 teams that they'd like him at LB, thus the switch. In addition, he played LB in previous years, but was injured his Sophomore year.
To tpf523, he's 5' 11" not 5'9". It's his strength, speed and size that impress.
To gotitans86, the purpose of this thread is to predict our chickens before they're hatched, so...just saying.

To Jchilltoppers, I agree with you except to say that Brodner has heard from several Big 10 teams that they'd like him at LB, thus the switch. In addition, he played LB in previous years, but was injured his Sophomore year.
To tpf523, he's 5' 11" not 5'9". It's his strength, speed and size that impress.
To gotitans86, the purpose of this thread is to predict our chickens before they're hatched, so...just saying.

I will guarantee no B1G school will offer a LB under 6'0"

Meh. Naz fans were selling wings in June last season. Turned out alright

Epic,
I believe you would agree that selling wings in June for 5A/ 6A is a lot different than the 7A/8A chicken stand. I think Naz was good enough to compete on any level but, I don't believe the same championship confidence would have been there. Correct me if I am wrong..

Sam Brodner is 5'9.5" he's not getting any big collegiate looks at LB due to that. http://www.studentsports.com/football/2015/05/11/official-opening-chicago-testing-results/

Epic,
I believe you would agree that selling wings in June for 5A/ 6A is a lot different than the 7A/8A chicken stand. I think Naz was good enough to compete on any level but, I don't believe the same championship confidence would have been there. Correct me if I am wrong..
Naz fans I know would have been confident against any team in the state last year and I think for good reason.

Okay! thanks for correcting me.
Others might not have shared that confidence but I know Naz thinks they were best team in state with conviction last year. I saw most of their games and tend to agree but do think Providence would have played them really tough.

Others might not have shared that confidence but I know Naz thinks they were best team in state with conviction last year. I saw most of their games and tend to agree but do think Providence would have played them really tough.

Not really getting into the if's and I am really not sure what basis Naz fans had in June to feel that they were the BEST team in the state. If they did, so be it which is why I asked.

Why would any kid switch based on where colleges want some film on him. This could possibly hurt his team and most of all selfish. I know for Nazareth Prendergast is getting recruited as TE/DE but may be playing on the O-Line out of necessity. Do you think colleges give a damn. I don't.

Brodner is an absolute beast but isn't he 5'9"? I would think that would essentially close the book on LB offers at big schools.
Mason Monheim who will start at LB for Illinois is about 5'9 - 5'10. Could be a All-Big ten player this year.

Chris Borland who started at Wisconsin and for the 49ers this past year is maybe 5'9.

Mason Monheim who will start at LB for Illinois is about 5'9 - 5'10. Could be a All-Big ten player this year.

Chris Borland who started at Wisconsin and for the 49ers this past year is maybe 5'9.

First of all Borland is 5'11" as measured at the NFL combine. 5'11" is taller than "maybe 5'9". Monheim is listed at 6'1" everywhere but we'll find out at next year's combine. I'm sure he is embellishing but I doubt he's embellishing by 4 inches, that's a stretch and you know it. Anyhow no way to prove your claims.

Not really getting into the if's and I am really not sure what basis Naz fans had in June to feel that they were the BEST team in the state. If they did, so be it which is why I asked.
Epic,
I don't see the purpose of this exercise. Naz had about 720 students. Why should they be concerned about 7a/8a? For what it's worth every Naz person on this board predicted state title preseason and every laughed then off saying "we'll see".

First of all Borland is 5'11" as measured at the NFL combine. 5'11" is taller than "maybe 5'9". Monheim is listed at 6'1" everywhere but we'll find out at next year's combine. I'm sure he is embellishing but I doubt he's embellishing by 4 inches, that's a stretch and you know it. Anyhow no way to prove your claims.
I'm sure you have stood next to both of them and know how tall they are.

All those LB's under 6'0" on B10 rosters now must have shrunk since HS. There are a handful under 6'0" on WIS/PSU alone.

Of that handfull 3 didn't get offer, PWO. and 1 got recruited as a DB.

Illini brings up Monheim who is listed 6'1'' everywhere. Did you see his only offers besides Illinois. Akron, Eastern Michigan, Miami(OH), Kent St., and Toledo. It's pretty clear who was targeting him out of highschool . The big schools must have came out and seen he was as short as you say.

I don't see the purpose of this exercise. Naz had about 720 students. Why should they be concerned about 7a/8a? For what it's worth every Naz person on this board predicted state title preseason and every laughed then off saying "we'll see".

There is no purpose in this exercise and to be exact the question was never meant for you to respond. I asked Epic a question based on his response to someone else. Not really interested in the chest pounding discussions about Naz. Was just pointing out predicting 5a/6a championship is a lot more simple than predict 7A/8A. If you read more into it, that is your business.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT