ADVERTISEMENT

Rita up to 6th nationally in maxpreps

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
Won a couple close ones last week 18-0, 21-0. actually did have one close one v Redwing 1-0.

I was at the school today for a luncheon. In the 21-0 game against Morgan Park the score was 18-0 before the first out was recorded. MP went down 123 in the first inning then the onslaught took place in thew bottom of the inning. No SR starter made it out of the first inning. The score was unexpected. SR only beat MP 8-7 at the end of last season. The game was scoreless after the first.

Three of the starters were at the luncheon that are signed for Tennessee, Michigan State, and the Naval Academy. The kid going to the academy was already asked to start in the infield for his freshman year and then he can play outfield.

The best news was 182 incoming freshman already made the first tuition payment.

Love the info, Tom. I, too, was very surprised by that score. Rita has played relatively an easy schedule at this point. However, with wins over Chicago Simeon, Benet and now OPRF, things are looking up.

Play hard and try to get that #1 seed.

MC beat MP yesterday 16-1. the sad thing is the way they do the playoffs in 3A MP will be a final 8 team. I cant tell much from MC so far with the 6-0 receord with whom they have played. Will be able to see what they are about after Louisville trip and Blue games v SR, PC and Viking.

In a Rita thread you're talking about ordering pizza... Vicious!!!

Re: S.R. 16-0

Out scored opposition 62-7 for the week. Won the Mingo Bay Championship in S.C.

Originally posted by CCLGUY1964:

Out scored opposition 62-7 for the week. Won the Mingo Bay Championship in S.C.
looking at the Mingo Bay website, I am not really sure how they determine who the champion is. It looks like Marist went undefeated as well and were not really challenged.

Crazy tournament for sure!
Almost 60 Teams in bracket play and seperated by some type of class as declared by each team.
Marist was undefeated also for sure.

Rita put in top 4 teams for the final championship of the Tournament.

I believe the Midwest has better High School Baseball period based on all these tournaments!

Brackets apparently were seeded. SR blitzed the "A" bracket. But the CCL season starts soon.

CCL Crossover Games begin tomorrow
St Rita hosting DeLasalle Monday at 4:30 - Matt Lenzen on the Bump
CCL Blue begins in 2 weeks
Looking forward to seeing tougher competition as CCL Blue is anyone's to take!

CCL Crossover Games begin tomorrow
St Rita hosting DeLasalle Monday at 4:30 - Matt Lenzen on the Bump
CCL Blue begins in 2 weeks
Looking forward to seeing tougher competition as CCL Blue is anyone's to take!
Rita now ranked 3rd nationally in max preps

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT