ADVERTISEMENT

Rita ranked #2 Nationally USA Today

It must be a down year for high school baseball in the United States!

It must be a down year for high school baseball in the United States!

Ratings are very subjective. But they started out so far this year 21-0 and last year 26-0. And the colleges coaches think there some talent on the team. 11 baseball players have signed letters of intent from this year's team. April 16th SR had it's biggest single signing day with 10 players that day inking their letters of intent.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/201...-high-school-has-its-biggest-signing-day-ever

Ratings are very subjective. But they started out so far this year 21-0 and last year 26-0. And the colleges coaches think there some talent on the team. 11 baseball players have signed letters of intent from this year's team. April 16th SR had it's biggest single signing day with 10 players that day inking their letters of intent.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/201...-high-school-has-its-biggest-signing-day-ever
I will say Rita goes 8-2 in the Blue. Just no way going undefeated.

I agree that ratings are subjective, especially national high school ratings. I just don't think Rita has the resume at this point to be #2 in the nation. I think they have played 1 team ranked in the top 50 in Illinois. Going 21-0 is nice, but I think there are probably a handful of teams in the state that would have the same record with Rita's schedule. Now if they win a state championship going undefeated or with one loss, then I think a ranking like #2 could be argued.

I agree that ratings are subjective, especially national high school ratings. I just don't think Rita has the resume at this point to be #2 in the nation. I think they have played 1 team ranked in the top 50 in Illinois. Going 21-0 is nice, but I think there are probably a handful of teams in the state that would have the same record with Rita's schedule. Now if they win a state championship going undefeated or with one loss, then I think a ranking like #2 could be argued.

I personally think SR is not the #2 team in the nation, but they do have a very good team. I wonder how strong the nation's Top Ten actually is as well. With BR, Larry, MC, LA and PC, there is no way SR will go undefeated. However, playing these teams consecutively very soon for the next coming weeks will hopefully make SR a better team. Several other teams like JC, Eddieville and others very well would/could beat SR on any given day--and vice-versa. I agree with Deano: Elite 8 teams (or whatever DOS said) should have a multi-game series.

SR most be prepare against every team, but if MC/SR are top 2 seeds, I am thinking MC/SR should meet in the Sectional final.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT