ADVERTISEMENT

Question for DVC Folk

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
Now that we know the schedules, how will it shake out? How will Nequa, Waubonsie do?

Dean,

The move for the Valleys(Neuqua, Waubonsie, and Metea) may end up yielding better programs in the long run but the transition from the Upstate 8 to the DVC will not be an easy or smooth one. Perhaps I will be wrong on this as it plays out and everyone is better matched than I'd imagine but my gut tells me that Metea will fair the worst this year and fail to qualify for the playoffs yet again after finally getting over the hump last season. I think Waubonsie will be on the bubble at 5-4 but with only one OOC game and that against Aurora East they could be in point trouble if things go like last year. Finally I see Neuqua at either 5-4 or 6-3 if 5-4 playoff points should be ok with Bartlett as their OOC. No matter how you slice it Neuqua and Waubonsie will not get the walk they are accustomed to in the Upstate 8 regular season. Time to buckle down the hatches and play hard from day 1 until the end of November if you plan to win it all. Good luck to all the young men working their tails off this summer.

Of course this all assumes that IPSD D204 does not go on strike, I have heard rumblings of this for some time but no recent updates other than no agreement has been reached and no talks scheduled at this point. If any of these teams have to forfeit 2 games plus 2 weeks of practice I see no way any of them make the state playoffs this year.

what about the Naperville's? NC has that cross with Batavia-schedule too brutal and with proper seeding now 8A will be tough to navigate.

Is NN a gimme game now? Lake Park isn't exactly terrifying. And Matea. That's 3 wins for either NV or WV, plus the other... I think NV and WV will be fine. One win vs WWS, NC, GBN, WN, and non con should be attainable

No one in the DVC is a gimme last year NN only won 2 games but beat NV.

I think the 3 new schools will be fine but overall none have had a lot of success against the other DVC over the years. I think this year shakes out with NC, WN & WWS as the top 3 and everybody else fighting it out for 5 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT