ADVERTISEMENT

Pick Em: Who wins the 2015 North Suburban Lake

So who wins the 2015 North Suburban Lake?

• Lake Forest

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Lake Zurich

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Libertyville

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Mundelein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stevenson

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Warren Township

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Zion-Benton

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Will Stevenson still rule the Lake? Can Da Bears reload? Can the Fighting Newts (Warren Township) surprise here? Lake Forest? Why do people downplay the Scouts? Also....Libertyville? Anyone else feeling "up" these days on the Naughty Kitties 2.0?

People seem to be really high on Libertyville this year but I voted for the champs (Stevenson) until somebody knocks them off. Biased as an LF grad but Lake Forest & Libertyville is my favorite rivalry in this conference. Last 20 years, Libertyville won 11, LF 9 (including six in a row). This was the game that used to be for everything before Stevenson got really big and Lake Zurich joined the conference. Enrollment-wise, they're now the two smallest schools in the NSC Lake.

Waukegan will become the conference's largest school when they join next year...but in football, they have some catching up to do.

Agree Libertyville's success will be how well their QB plays and or how well teams defend him. CG stopped him as a rb

19 of 22 starters return from a state semi final team last season helps.

Libby got a lot better defensively as the season hit the end and playoffs. Scoring won't be an issue and I think they can stop people fairly well.

Second place is a total toss up. You can make a strong case for Stevie, Waren, Lz and LF as the next team. All have major question marks but only LF returns their QB from last year.

Lz does bring their QB back but hearing he won't be the starter week 1.

Sorensen likely the QB starter for Stevie but his value as a guy you have to get the ball to may move him away from that spot.

Warren is choosing from 3 guys which sometimes means you don't have one.

See me in a month but even then I still may not be able to choose.

Camp opens in a month - I'm ready

toss-up between stevie, Lib, and LZ. When these three play each other they are going to be close dogfight type games.

Stevie has losses this year that remind me of LZ after its trip downstate in 2013, virtually both sides of the ball graduated. The difference is that stevie has more depth and I expect them to be good just because of that. Sorenson is playing QB b/c they want him with the ball every play--at least at the start of the play. I expect him to run a ton out of that spread. If teams can take that away, not sure how dominate Stevie will/can be.

Watch out for LZ this year. Not sure who said the QB from last year will not start. I bet he will. He won't have any breakaway runs, but he can throw. The backs will be more balanced with good runners beyond just Klett. Not sure about the O-line though, which will be key. Defense will be much improved this year. Expect to see the clamp down defense LZ is known for.

Libertyville should be good as well, but teams will key on the QB this year and try to take away his running. I think Libertyville could be vulnerable if the QB is neutralized.

Warren always seems to have the best athletes one paper but cannot quite get there.

Lake Forest always seems to struggle with LZ and Stevie (and Libertyville).

Offensively Stevenson will be fine and possibly more dangerous with this group than last year. Defensively it's a complete and total rebuild. I'm not sure but I think they have just 1 starter back from that defense.

LZ never has two bad years in a row so figure they will be better.

Warren has to find a quarterback. Skill wise they are loaded with one of the best runners in the state in Crump. Defensively they will be small but very fast.

Lake Forest is always the great unknown because you never know what Spagnoli has in reserves.

ADVERTISEMENT