ADVERTISEMENT

Pick Em: Who wins the 2015 DuPage Valley Conference

So who wins the 2015 DuPage Valley Conference?

• Metea Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waubonsie Valley

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Glenbard North

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Naperville Central

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • Naperville North

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Neuqua Valley

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Lake Park

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Wheaton North

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Wheaton South

Votes: 26 25.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted WN since they have some studs and two really strong classes playing together this year. I have said it before that I think WWS, WN and NC are the top 3 and the conference winner comes out of that group and looking at the voting it would seem most agree.

I'm really interested to see WWS this year since I think Jonathan Johnson is going to have a special year at RB, with him in the starting line up WWS was 6-1 last year and he just got better with every game. They return a QB that played a fair amount last year and 3-4 starters on defense but have a lot question marks right now. One thing I do know is NC will have a very good passing attack this year as will WN so it should be great year especially with GN, NV and WV all looking good on paper also.

Reactions: tlord27 and dapiech
The NN and Lake Park picks make me scratch my head. I think Glenbard North will surprise some people on this board judging by the results of this poll.

Reactions: dapiech
As a former player for WWS, I voted with my heart, but Naperville Central is the clear favorite this year. This senior class went 8-1 as freshman and 9-0 as sophomores. Despite losing Clifford last year, they have a transfer RB/Slot who is a stud, a WR who has 20 Division 1 offers, A QB (Joyce) and TE (Piper) who are getting looks from mid Major schools and 2 OL (Cambell and ?) who already have D1 offers. NC will be ranked in the top 5 in IL. (or at least they should be) Also, WN has a phenomenal junior class who won the DVC both years as well. Their QB is a stud and will play D1 and are very athletic and they also won the Red Grange 7 on 7 a few weeks ago. Their line will be the question mark. NN will be really bad and GBN will always be really good. Lastly, WWS will be a pleasant surprise and has the talent to beat anyone, but they are thin in depth. Kinda tough when you only have 2100 sutdents vs. what the other schools have. Here's my stab at the final standings.
1) Naperville Central 8-1
2) Wheaton North 7-2
3) WWS 6-3
4) GBN 5-4
5) Lake Park 5-4
6) Neuqua 4-5
7) Waubonsie 3-6
8) Metea 2-7
9) NN 1-8

Last edited:
As a former player for WWS, I voted with my heart, but Naperville Central is the clear favorite this year. This senior class went 8-1 as freshman and 9-0 as sophomores. Despite losing Clifford last year, they have a transfer running back who is a stud, a WR who has 20 Division 1 offers, A QB and TE who are getting looks from mid Major schools and 2 OL who already have D1 offers. NC will be ranked in the top 5 in IL. (or at least they should be) Also, WN has a phenomenal junior class who won the DVC both years as well. Their QB is a stud and will play D1 and are very athletic and they also won the Red Grange 7 on 7 a few weeks ago. Their line will be the question mark. NN will be really bad and GBN will always be really good. Lastly, WWS will be a pleasant surprise and has the talent to beat anyone, but they are thin in depth. Kinda tough when you only have 2100 sutdents vs. what the other schools have. Here's my stab at the final standings.
1) Naperville Central 8-1
2) Wheaton North 7-2
3) WWS 6-3
4) GBN 5-4
5) Lake Park 5-4
6) Neuqua 4-5
7) Waubonsie 3-6
8) Metea 2-7
9) NN 1-8

Interesting who's the transfer RB? Where's he from?

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Or at least appear to have fallen.
I voted WN since they have some studs and two really strong classes playing together this year. I have said it before that I think WWS, WN and NC are the top 3 and the conference winner comes out of that group and looking at the voting it would seem most agree.

I'm really interested to see WWS this year since I think Jonathan Johnson is going to have a special year at RB, with him in the starting line up WWS was 6-1 last year and he just got better with every game. They return a QB that played a fair amount last year and 3-4 starters on defense but have a lot question marks right now. One thing I do know is NC will have a very good passing attack this year as will WN so it should be great year especially with GN, NV and WV all looking good on paper also.

I agree with everything you said here. I have a hard time believing that NC will lose at all this year, but I still put them at 8-1. They are loaded everywhere with the LB position as an exception.

DA,
I agree Naperville Central will be very good but with them I just look at all the years they have been stacked and just find a way to shoot themselves in the foot. One advantage that I think WWS have this year is the way the have scheduled over the last few years the loaded schedule won't be as big of shock for them as it may be for other teams in the conference. I think right now no one really knows what to make of DVC because even the so called bottom tier teams LP, NN and MV would top end teams in a lot of leagues and are all capable of beating anyone.

On a side note the WWS golf outing was a lot of fun, hopefully you guys do it again next year since I know fair amount of guys from 95-98 would have attended had they known about it sooner.

DA,
I agree Naperville Central will be very good but with them I just look at all the years they have been stacked and just find a way to shoot themselves in the foot. One advantage that I think WWS have this year is the way the have scheduled over the last few years the loaded schedule won't be as big of shock for them as it may be for other teams in the conference. I think right now no one really knows what to make of DVC because even the so called bottom tier teams LP, NN and MV would top end teams in a lot of leagues and are all capable of beating anyone.

On a side note the WWS golf outing was a lot of fun, hopefully you guys do it again next year since I know fair amount of guys from 95-98 would have attended had they known about it sooner.

I agree with everything you said. They are going to make a run for sure. WWS will surprise people and I hear the coaches have been pleasantly surprised so far this summer, but depth will be their main challenge. And as you said very eloquently, their previous scheduling will help them.
Glad to hear you came to the outing! We had about 3 months to plan and didn't get the word out enough to those years you mention. And those were some really good years for Tiger football. I thought it was a great turnout for the 1st year, but we learned alot and plan to do a much better job of marketing the event in 2016. On a side note, we raised enough at the outing for a down payment for the new Scoreboard it's scheduled to be ordered this week! Come out on August 28th for the revealing vs. WN. Hopefully edgytim will come out to see it as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: tlord27
maybe final 4 in 8A H-F, MC, LA, NC
I'm holding out for a particular request up...

But I don't know how possible it will be because I don't think anyone will be undefeated. PP's will be an unknown. Could get a 10-1 HF vs a 10-1 MC in the QF.

WWS 7-2 OR 6-3

GN 7-2 OR 6-3 TRICASE IS HEALTHY

NC 6-3 OR 5-4. LOSS OF Bmac. Mikey K and Cliff will be very tuff to overcome. Bmac is a huge loss.

WN 5-4

NV 5-4 OR 4-5. NEW QB WITH ZERO EXPERIENCE and a key LB is out for season.

NN 4-5. need to find some passing game to keep teams honest

Lake P 3-6. could sneak to 4-5

Waubonsie 3-6. Lots to replace with no experience. could see 2-7 if things go bad early.

Metea 2-7 cannot replace a Bryson Olivet and Nick Dodson same year entering DVC. linebackers looked small.

WWS 7-2 OR 6-3

NC 6-3 OR 5-4. LOSS OF Bmac. Mikey K and Cliff will be very tuff to overcome. Bmac is a huge loss.

WN 5-4

Waubonsie 3-6. Lots to replace with no experience. could see 2-7 if things go bad early.

Metea 2-7 cannot replace a Bryson Olivet and Nick Dodson same year entering DVC. linebackers looked small.

I won't bet against GBN and your 7-2 prediction, but I think NC will win at least 7 games. Yes, they had some big losses to graduation, but this senior class is much deeper than last years class. I also think WN will be 6-3 with their above average talent level. I hope you're right on the WWS record and I do know that unlike the last few years, they will be able to throw the ball and give their RB (JJ) some room to run. The WWS DLine will be one of their best. Keep your eye on Solomon Jackson who is a legit D1 prospect at DE. Their OL will be very solid as well. I agree with the rest of your predictions. Can't wait for the season to begin.

The losses to NC will be felt in leadership. The emotional backbone and defensive presence is gone. The backs maybe taller but Clifford had huge heart. Mikey K was all everything. 7 wins is a stretch. The threat opposite Manny is gone.

as far as WN if they lose week 1 they will begin the year 0-2. Surviving physically week 2 at memorial stadium will be an accomplishment. Meat grinders is not the DVC flavor. it is JCA flavor. WN has to split first two games and be healthy coming out of JCA.

The losses to NC will be felt in leadership. The emotional backbone and defensive presence is gone. The backs maybe taller but Clifford had huge heart. Mikey K was all everything. 7 wins is a stretch. The threat opposite Manny is gone.

as far as WN if they lose week 1 they will begin the year 0-2. Surviving physically week 2 at memorial stadium will be an accomplishment. Meat grinders is not the DVC flavor. it is JCA flavor. WN has to split first two games and be healthy coming out of JCA.

Mike K and Clifford were difference makers for sure , but they have some other threats this year that will emerge. I think WN will beat JCA, but the first game of the year should be the most interesting vs. WWS.

Just saw that Edgy ranked WN #36 in the preseason rankings. I think that is too low.

Wheaton North is going to be underrated this based on last year's performance. They will really need to rely on Luke Anthony their QB and get their line on both sides of the ball together before anything. Hopefully last year was just a spoof and they can go back to being a regular playoff team.

With NN there has been a variety of reason and maybe NNfan could give a better response but they had a coaching change and the talent isn't near as deep as it was a few years ago figure in playing a tough non con and conference schedule and you have a recipe for disaster.

WWS 7-2 OR 6-3

WN 5-4

Almost exactly as I see it. I like what clown said abt wws scheduling.

Caveat, im clueless on this nc rb transfer mentioned above..., what do we mean by stud?

Almost exactly as I see it. I like what clown said abt wws scheduling.

Caveat, im clueless on this nc rb transfer mentioned above..., what do we mean by stud?

Jeremiah Wiggins is the name of the transfer from AC. Here are some of his clips from his junior year. Obviously, playing against AC's opponents is nowhere near the same level, but we will see how he does vs. better competition. Brady will be the other back and is very shifty and could put up some yards as well.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1810877/highlights/190282377/v2

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT