ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Johnson DH Hinsdale Central HS

mpercie

Sep 4, 2001
Hinsdale Central's DH Mike Johnson yesterday hit a mammoth home run in leading the Red Devils to an 11-1 victory over East Aurora High School.

Batting in the third inning Johnson with a count of 2-1, hit the highest and deepest home run I have seen in the last twenty five years. The mighty blast carried over the left center wall, cleared the bushes and trees and landed on the street north of the field. It was well over 400 feet.

Johnson is 6'3, 275 lbs. He is the DH and bats fourth. He was an outstanding offensive lineman for the football team. He has over come a series leg injury he suffered his sophomore year. To see him in action last fall go to Hudl.

Johnson is a power hitter worthy of being drafted in June by either the Sox or Cubs.

Hinsdale Central's DH Mike Johnson yesterday hit a mammoth home run in leading the Red Devils to an 11-1 victory over East Aurora High School.

Batting in the third inning Johnson with a count of 2-1, hit the highest and deepest home run I have seen in the last twenty five years. The mighty blast carried over the left center wall, cleared the bushes and trees and landed on the street north of the field. It was well over 400 feet.

Johnson is 6'3, 275 lbs. He is the DH and bats fourth. He was an outstanding offensive lineman for the football team. He has over come a series leg injury he suffered his sophomore year. To see him in action last fall go to Hudl.

Johnson is a power hitter worthy of being drafted in June by either the Sox or Cubs.
If he's only a DH in HS he won't be playing college baseball at a D1 level, let alone get drafted. I'm sure the kid from East Aurora was throwing gas as well.

Mike had a great high school baseball career-All Conference, All Area Suburban, All Pioneer Press, etc. in both his junior and senior year at Hinsdale Central. I give him a lot of credit for that, considering he never played travel baseball after 8th grade. Concentrated on Football where he was recruited by the Army/West Point Football Coaches where he now attends. Much more action for him in Football in regards to all the standing around in Baseball- as he says.

ADVERTISEMENT