ADVERTISEMENT

MC Fans-Week 8

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
With Hales not fielding a team do they pick up another team? Or take the bye before LA and 8A.

Dean,

Same thing happened to SF. We lost a CPS school and had to pick up Simeon. Now we are looking at a gap in week 5 like your guys. But what I want to ask you is how does the IHSA figure out playoff points with a forfeit?

Dean,

Same thing happened to SF. We lost a CPS school and had to pick up Simeon. Now we are looking at a gap in week 5 like your guys. But what I want to ask you is how does the IHSA figure out playoff points with a forfeit?

You get zero playoff points. Just a win. You could always do what St. Laurence did last year and schedule someone else and not take the forfeit though.

I just wanted to say I was glad to see the MC/LA game is in week 9. Hopefully you both lose a couple reg season games and get a tough 1st rd opponent in the 1-32 lol. But then I saw that my guys had H-F in week 9 and it turned my mood more somber.

What do you think, rest the starters or go for the win?

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS
I just wanted to say I was glad to see the MC/LA game is in week 9. Hopefully you both lose a couple reg season games and get a tough 1st rd opponent in the 1-32 lol. But then I saw that my guys had H-F in week 9 and it turned my mood more somber.

What do you think, rest the starters or go for the win?

very interesting bones...

that MC LA week 9 game is going to cause 1-32 chaos - unless they have the same record. But even just a slight variation will likely make forecasting impossible.

Try and schedule a game, but if they can't, they should do a scrimmage that Friday afternoon on campus. The game was scheduled as a Friday afternoon game anyway, play another Brown/White type of scrimmage to keep the team in the game day routine. You could also rest any injured players that day and prep for Loyola.

Wish this would happened a few months back since WWS had a week 8 opening that they filled with West Chicago, I'm pretty sure they would much rather be playing MC in week 8.

Wish this would happened a few months back since WWS had a week 8 opening that they filled with West Chicago, I'm pretty sure they would much rather be playing MC in week 8.
WWS has never backed down from anyone, and in fact, does seek out to play the best. However, adding MC to their schedule would have resulted, IMO, as the most difficult schedule of all time!

But would have loved to have seen it.

Maybe its not too late... WC can find a CPS and WWS can play MC. Are there any CPS's with an opening?

a part of me would love MC to pick up Ohio St but knowing they are at LA on a Sat before 8A probly just pick a tomato can and gear up for LA and 8A.

ADVERTISEMENT