ADVERTISEMENT

Marian Central Coach Suspended for Gun Comment

rage56

Sep 21, 2001
Marian Central Head Baseball Coach Benji Winkleman has been suspended beginning Friday after comments he made after a loss to Carmel to his players. Winkleman said if he had a gun he would shoot them. Not very Christian like. The story is posted on the Northwest Herald website today.

rage,

What is it with the coaches up there. SOme football assistant goes on facebook and talks about bombing montini a few years back and now this?

Hahaha, stuff like this makes me laugh. I think we're getting to the point where some of this stuff is just pretty funny.
Sometimes you have to wonder...was he just not careful with a public comment? If that was the case, I think there are better ways to handle. Sometimes we just say things. When you are public employee, sure, be more careful, but if he has an otherwise good rep...

Just like in the earlier problem with the coach on facebook, I'm sure there is more to the story. Awful to see that, but I am not surprised knowing who this guy is that he would say something like that. I expect that he should be fired after this if we look at the precedent. I think that is the right way to go is to see him let go.

Marian Central Head Baseball Coach Benji Winkleman has been suspended beginning Friday after comments he made after a loss to Carmel to his players. Winkleman said if he had a gun he would shoot them. Not very Christian like. The story is posted on the Northwest Herald website today.
I can only imagine how many years I would get in the slammer for some of the statements I've made over the years.

Pretty much every coach I had (Little League through High School) would be viewed as people who should be fired by a lot of people in the deadspin era.

Reactions: USD24
ADVERTISEMENT