ADVERTISEMENT

How wil CoM be this season

Originally posted by ssi84:
Honest question for all the Naz people, but why the thin skin? It seems every time there is any perceived sleight of Naz it goes to full on defense mode. You guys have a tremendous coach who has built a great program, is producing top flight talent, and most importantly won a state title- there is no need to get so defensive all the time. And I also don't see how you guys can't admit/see there is a numbers issue. Based on the roster on your website, there are only 56 total players returning from last year with only 27 of those being in the JR and SR to be classes. There is a ton of talent in that group but clearly there is an overall numbers issue in the upper classes. It looks to be better numbers wise for the class of 2018 and I suspect the incoming class will see a spike too with the state title but to try to act like everyone is crazy for suggesting their is a numbers issue makes no sense to me. Now all that being said Naz is probably still one of the top 2 favs to win the ESCC next year because of their combo of talent and coaching. But please Naz fans, just relax a bit!
Agree with this post 100%. Numbers are clearly a concern. And I don't understand why Naz fans tend to be so thin-skinned when things concerning the program are questioned. Look at this way Naz fans, you achieved the pinnacle of football success last year with a 6A title. If you sustain anything close to that level of success, the scrutiny will only increase. Relax. Enjoy the experience and try to tolerate the additional scrutiny.

Originally posted by mchsalumni:

Originally posted by godfthr53:

Originally posted by mchsalumni:

Originally posted by TPF523:

My sons mentioned they have a strong class coming in and despite rejecting a bunch of the best players in the area.
Can this really be possible? Rejecting a bunch of the best players in the area?

I'm sure Mt. Carmel is thankful for Naz's rejects if this is the case. Hopefully the landing is soft for these poor souls.
Yes it's true you actually have to pass the test.
Unlike at Driscoll. I just feel bad for these kids who won't get the opportunity. We should open an Edgy Suicide Hotline.
Lets be fair here, Montini doesn't turn anyone away just like Driscoll.

Originally posted by pjjp:

Originally posted by ssi84:
Honest question for all the Naz people, but why the thin skin? It seems every time there is any perceived sleight of Naz it goes to full on defense mode. You guys have a tremendous coach who has built a great program, is producing top flight talent, and most importantly won a state title- there is no need to get so defensive all the time. And I also don't see how you guys can't admit/see there is a numbers issue. Based on the roster on your website, there are only 56 total players returning from last year with only 27 of those being in the JR and SR to be classes. There is a ton of talent in that group but clearly there is an overall numbers issue in the upper classes. It looks to be better numbers wise for the class of 2018 and I suspect the incoming class will see a spike too with the state title but to try to act like everyone is crazy for suggesting their is a numbers issue makes no sense to me. Now all that being said Naz is probably still one of the top 2 favs to win the ESCC next year because of their combo of talent and coaching. But please Naz fans, just relax a bit!
Agree with this post 100%. Numbers are clearly a concern. And I don't understand why Naz fans tend to be so thin-skinned when things concerning the program are questioned. Look at this way Naz fans, you achieved the pinnacle of football success last year with a 6A title. If you sustain anything close to that level of success, the scrutiny will only increase. Relax. Enjoy the experience and try to tolerate the additional scrutiny.
Nobody is being thin skinned just stating the facts. I'm sure everyone around the program is concerned about the 27 Junior and Seniors. TONS of talent but no depth basically all skill returning, no line, most of defense returns. The issue is QBR coming on here basically with made up information about the freshman class. In my estimation with very reliable sources is that the incoming freshman class will have close to 45-50 suited up. As for the Soph to be class the roster did have 24 so again low numbers. But I would gather with winning it all more Sophs will come out. Lets say that roster bumps to 30, still low. But I have a hunch there is plenty of talent in incoming class that can play at that level and 80 between the lower levels would be a healthy number to me.

godfthr53. Never said a thing about the incoming freshmen. Just talked about the freshmen team of 2014. Get your facts straight before you speak.

Pretty sure the whole board has moved past last season at this point and when Freshman are mentioned we are talking incoming.

Godfthr53
Well if you could read the post or comprehend what I was saying you would have known what I was talking about. Don't just make up what you feel like talking about . I am now done with this subject.

To continue the trend ITT, I am now considering myself informed on JCA. After all, I know some JCA folks, proximity to the team be damned.

Shoot, saw a thread about CoM and actually though it would BE about CoM.

This post was edited on 4/14 8:28 AM by Oddy

Yah Oddy pretty typical of some posters to hi jack a thread for their own selfish needs. Pretty cool to see Foster verbal to Minnesota.

My two youngest played for CoM some time back so I still like to keep tabs on how CoM is doing. Up until a couple years ago I still had some pretty good inside sources but not so much anymore, so depend on what is posted here. The more good pieces they have for the option the better, but it's kind of only as good as its weakest link, if that makes any sense. I know in the past a good TE can be the icing on the cake so to speak, so maybe this year will be a good one for the Corsairs.

COM should be solid again this year. The hallways are not flush with talent as in some past years but still good enough to make the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT