ADVERTISEMENT

Heat Map of IL State Champions - weighted by #

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
Never done this before...

Check it out and comment. I took the state title numbers from the IHSA web site. WHile most were right, i found a few errors. If you see any, let me know and i will fix.

Looks like no two schools, relative to distance between, have a better combine title count than JCA and PC.

Scroll in for granularity.

heat map

Map is missing Jeff Reents and Wilmo's title which would add to the Will County supremacy....

Originally posted by Wilmington77:
Map is missing Jeff Reents and Wilmo's title which would add to the Will County supremacy....
yep. this is one that was missing in the ihsa page...i meant to add and forgot...adding now. thanks.

the line from morris through the lincoln ways to include the dip in willmington is impressive. Not sure if it is better than the north west sub corridor...close!

Really cool stuff. Definitely shows that areas like Champaign have not been very competitive which is somewhat surprising.

You do have a lot of free time don't you? Ha!

If my recollection and vision are correct........Geneseo (Darnall) has 4 titles and there are no heat or measles spots on or around Geneseo on your map.

Originally posted by LakeCtyNewt:
Really cool stuff. Definitely shows that areas like Champaign have not been very competitive which is somewhat surprising.

You do have a lot of free time don't you? Ha!
For now...but not is 11 days...:)

actually, all i had to do was copy/past schools from the iHSA list into a google sheet, click a geocode button...and voila

What i see when i look at it is the burmuda triangle abc: Peoria Springfield Champaign - to include then stems of Pekin, bloomington, Jacksonville, and decator.

there really should be more titles in that area.

We should also have more consistency in titles from the rockford area, IMO. We are missing diversity in our state.

And then there is the Illinois side of the Quad Cities.....Moline, East Moline, Rock Island.......nada, nothing, zilch.

ADVERTISEMENT