ADVERTISEMENT

First Loss of the Season . . .

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
. . . . may come this Monday against the Meteor for the Mustangs? Basically, have been playing everyday and returning from South Carolina. Gotta think it's going to happen soon.

Great season thus far, but have not played their toughest opponents, yet. Will be intereresting.

that's kid of what happen to the Hill. Delasandro got thrown out of a day game, so could not pitch in the night cap against PC. Then in the PC JC had to start the latter part of its rotation, and the game went into extra innings further diminishing arms....then we lost to nap c...

IMO, in baseball more than football, you have to look past the records for rankings.

Rita won 5 games with 5 different pitchers and great Defense with hitting from top to bottom of the lineup in the Mango Classic this week.
A loss would not be the end of the world before the CCL Blue starts.

Pitching is not overwhelming with a 90 plus guy on the Mound like last year or like others may have this season, but the pitchers throw strikes and keep games under control. It may come down to using 2 pitchers in rotation when the CCL Blue starts, but there are at least 5 pitchers that can thrown in any game.
This team is more well rounded than last years team from a hitting standpoint - top to bottom - and the Defense is on point.

We are looking forward to seeing how this season plays out! Stay tuned......

I did hear that the defense was going to be very good, which should keep the Mustangs in most games. I know the hitting struggled last year toward the end of the state title run. I thought they'd score more runs against DGS and South Elgin.

Not sure how talented those teams in South Carolina were, but I will definitely take a 16 - 0 record going in against the Meteor.

they were just in my old stomping grounds of Myrtle aka Dyrtle Beach. In my expert eye I see them at 24-0 heading into PC/StL/BR/MC then Stevies way. I will say they lose 1 of PC/Stl and 1 of MC/BR and 1 in stevie way so 32-3 regular season.

MC off to a nice start as well at 10-1. ill say they go 29-6 or 30-5 . So when Rita plays MC in sectional final it will go Rita 35-3 v MC 32-6 then winner wins 4A.

ADVERTISEMENT