ADVERTISEMENT

Every year there are board favorites to win state...this season...

Ok Bones how about Phillips 4A

DeWayne Collins
Jamal Brown
Amir Watts
Quayvon Skanes
Amani Jones
Donald Gardner

Open enrollment and doing a good job with it. Just added two D1 transfers from Delasalle.

Open enrollment and doing a good job with it. Just added two D1 transfers from Delasalle.

So now they don't count either? This "challenge" is garbage and seems to collapse upon itself when you realize the whole premise, Naz, wasn't even in 5a last year. So why is 5a the measuring stick?

Ok how about Richards 7 guys between 2014 and 2015 classes, will that work for ya, or does that have a qualifier issue as well? Or do you just not want to cough up the $1000 you claim you would. Keep changing the rules, it's just like dealing with IHSA rule changes to level the playing field.

Dean,
Seniors enrolled to play at the following schools.

Rutgers
Army
Dartmouth x2
Wyoming
Illinois state x2
And last I heard there is a grey shirt about to be granted at NIU but still pending a few last items. Always thought this last kid was a legit D1 player but there were some bumps in the road that are now cleared up.
How many seniors you think this year> From what I can see it will be JC Naz in 5A .

Agreed that H-F is fave for 8A before week 1. GW easily could land in 7A, which might make them fave of that bracket. Put me down as a bull for 7A and only slightly bearish on 8A in comparison to the wildly talented Homer- Flosswood team
if GW is 7A they are the clear favorite there. Just too many tough teams in 8A to list GW as a clear favorite. HF is a "slight" favorite in 8A

last year it was Naz, and the players backed up the poster's talk...almost like the posters knew what they were talking about.

this year, looks Like GBW and Hinsdale South better represent.

On the one hand, we have the 23 D1 Naz team; on the other, we have the Bartlett Freshman...which will GBW and HS be?

Can't wait to find out.

JC,

I don't think you are suggesting that HS may be the favorite in 6A are you? With SHG, PC, Cary as likely 6A teams, I would think the favorite comes from that group. I don't recall anyone suggesting HS is favorite in 6A. If may be getting a bit out over the ski's.

What I have said s that HS should be able to compete and make a run at it. With road games at Romeoville, GBW and DGS to start the season,

Reactions: Wild_Mustang
SHG and Montini are 100% IN 6A with the SF. Montini should take Naz's spot in top 1-16 and SHG will be in lower 1-16. PC/Cary will be right on border of 6-7. Cary would be top 6A and PC not sure where they would put them.

last year it was Naz, and the players backed up the poster's talk...almost like the posters knew what they were talking about.

On the one hand, we have the 23 D1 Naz team; on the other, we have the Bartlett Freshman...which will GBW and HS be?

Can't wait to find out.
JC,

I don't think you are suggesting that HS may be the favorite in 6A are you? With SHG, PC, Cary as likely 6A teams, I would think the favorite comes from that group. I don't recall anyone suggesting HS is favorite in 6A. If may be getting a bit out over the ski's.

What I have said s that HS should be able to compete and make a run at it. With road games at Romeoville, GBW and DGS to start the season,
Bones,

I should have known you'd have some excuse as to how the rules apply differently to you. As for post season Banter, there were more people not from Naz claiming they'd win it all than those of us from Naz, so please don't blame that discussion on us. Sure it would have been nice to see a secondary round robin to crown an absolute champ but it's not in the cards right now. I also think that JC started this thread with the intent to discuss the GBW and HS claims preseason that they will dominate and they need to put it up like Naz did last year.

I chirped in because the conversation circled back around to Naz again by people not from or involved with Naz.

I initially was being sarcastic with JC but then get questioned by Dean and today LCN so it's not a thin skin but rather the tiring claim that "well Naz won but they weren't really that good they just got lucky they didn't play anyone talented" I laugh about the sillyness but the kids not so much so I defend them because they have better things to do like attempt to have another memorable season.

As I said before if you want to continue to suggest teams should challenge themselves perhaps Da Brook should as well.

Finally stop whining about Public vs Private enrollment and how they get their kids, there are difference and challenges for both regardless of what you think. You get what the bus stops off and then get to weed it down to the best. We get to try to convince parents to pay $10-15k per year and then when they take the test and don't meet the standard have to talk to them and explain why they didn't get in, it's a heartbreak experience for everyone involved and no where near as simplistic as YOU would have people think!

JW,
I don't think anyone has suggested that HS will "dominate". We'll leave that word for Naz to defend. HS had a good run last year to the elite 8. The question this year is can they take another step forward and make a deeper run, and with a few breaks win something. Too many good teams on the schedule and in 6A to use the term dominate in same sentence with HS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wild_Mustang
SHG and Montini are 100% IN 6A with the SF. Montini should take Naz's spot in top 1-16 and SHG will be in lower 1-16. PC/Cary will be right on border of 6-7. Cary would be top 6A and PC not sure where they would put them.

Dean,

And yes add Montini to group of favorite S. Forgot about them

Not sure you can compare CPS school with other publics. They essentially have no boundaries and more like privates from a recruiting perspective. Their tend to be certain schools in certain sports that tend to attract the talent.

Dean,

There are 2 definite D1 kids, one committed to Notre Dame the other with multiple D1 & D1AA offers. There could be another 1 or 2 kids that develop this year from the 2016 class that could earn late offers, but that has yet to be seen.

How many seniors you think this year> From what I can see it will be JC Naz in 5A .

agree, but will be interesting to watch how they "piece" it together. could be rough going or could be a total "wow".....

They are young too, so should be interesting. 6A could be trouble when it comes to line play.

Meh, line is too small.
top of 6A Montini is just replaying a Marmion, WSF again. Not seeing anyone really good there unless Cary is there. then in a title game if PC is there then not a favorite. Even though Rita is down this year first 3 weeks interesting for Montini but even if they went 5-4 in top of 6A I am not seeing anyone that I would pick over them except Cary if there.

And this is EXTREMELY rare. I will paypal Naz $1000 if he can show me a 5A (or old 4A out of 6 classes, or 3A out of 5 classes) school with 6 D1 athletes on their football team in IL within the last 2 decades.

2004 Morris Redskins

Jamie Cumbie (TE/DE)- Clemson
Ramon Diaz (OT)- Northwestern
Alex Perry (OT) - Indiana
Dane Zumbahlen (TE) - Illinois State
Zack Jones (QB) - Ball State
Eric Lines (LB) - Western Illinois
Eric Edwards (LB/FS) - Western Illinois

And John Dergo, who didn't play football in college. Had a nice line to run behind in high school, however... :)

DiveTwin,

I should've thought to look at Morris nice catch! Que the music to Jeopardy!

2004 Morris Redskins

And John Dergo, who didn't play football in college. Had a nice line to run behind in high school, however... :)

Reactions: DiveTwin
2004 Morris Redskins

JC has to be on there 99 or 01 something

most MC has had I think was '90 or '96 or '12 team here are some off hand I know of:

Mike McGrew-Northwestern on Purple to Pasadena team at LB
Jeremy Nau-Notre Dame
Simeon Rice-Illinos-Future TB
Matt Cushing-Illinois-Future Steeler
Barry Sanders-Illinois
Darry Griffin- Vanderbilt
Charles Edwards-Illinois
Bryon Koepke- Vandy

'96 on O alone you had:
Welsh-Idaho
Mannott-Purdue switched to DB
Gianacockos-Boston College
Hill-NIU Future TN Titan
Chorak-E Michigan
Steve Edwards- C Florida future Bear

'12 team
Richardson-Minnesota
E Smith-Mich St
Draco Smith-NIU
Domer-ILL/BG
Connolly-Miami OH
Deonatae Brown -W Michigan

then if u wanted to get technical count 1AA etc
Searles-Dayton
Speller-EIU
Oquendo had an offer from W Mich that he did not commit to and it was gone later
Romero-ISU
N Johnson-ended up one of those Dakota schools but had a Wyoming offer
Barajas-ND-was a soph on team transferred
Not sure where White, Greer went

Last edited:
Reactions: DiveTwin
Dean,

Rule Change went into effect after we pulled two Montini teams, from "name a team" to no private schools. Second rule change went into effect when we pulled Phillips, no open enrollment schools were allowed even when public. Still waiting for ruling on Morris, but I'm sure a rule change is being considered at this time...

JC has to be on there 99 or 01 something

most MC has had I think was '90 or '96 team here are some off hand I know of from '90:

Mike McGrew-Northwestern on Purple to Pasadena team at LB
Jeremy Nau-Notre Dame
Simeon Rice-Illinos-Future TB
Matt Cushing-Illinois-Future Steeler
Barry Sanders-Illinois
Darry Griffin- Vanderbilt
Charles Edwards-Illinois
Bryon Koepke- Vandy

'96 on O alone you had:
Welsh-Idaho
Mannott-Purdue switched to DB
Gianacockos-Boston College
Hill-NIU Future TN Titan
Chorak-E Michigan
Steve Edwards- C Florida future Bear

Bones,

Did you make that donation yet? I can get you the address if you need it. You did say you'd send Naz $1000, perhaps we can get you naming rights on one of the new light bulbs or better yet the honorary Cross Bones loud speaker! And of course I will be happy to get you a pair of season tickets and a reserved parking space. If you are still planning to coach with the Patroits in Naperville I can even pick up the check at Calvary over the next few weeks.

LMAO whose side you on @DiveTwin

if PC is 7A would not doubt Montini wins 6A. In fact they and SHG would probably be the 2 favorites there (maybe add LWW) if PC, Cary 7A. Its into 7A that the leap occurs.

JC,

Let's not exaggerate it was 13 D1 players that I claimed and all 13 are either enrolled in or holding D1(FBS & FCS) offers.

Better-get-ready-Imgur.gif

Reactions: jwarigaku
2004 Morris Redskins

I am having difficulty finding Zack Jones and Eric Edwards on the rosters for their respective schools. I even looked at Central Michigan for Jones as it appears he did not end up at Ball State.

Bones,

Did you make that donation yet? I can get you the address if you need it. You did say you'd send Naz $1000, perhaps we can get you naming rights on one of the new light bulbs or better yet the honorary Cross Bones loud speaker! And of course I will be happy to get you a pair of season tickets and a reserved parking space. If you are still planning to coach with the Patroits in Naperville I can even pick up the check at Calvary over the next few weeks.
Verifying some things... LOL @ Loud speaker though. If I could get a permanent seat in the endzone opposite the school, that might be nice...

Bones,

I'd also say finding Eric Edwards on a roster difficult. I did however find him on a Western Illinois game recap attached below showing him competing in the contest so it appears that DiveTwin's list is 100% spot on. Link below.

http://www.wiuathletics.com/fls/12000/stats/football/2005/2005-G11.HTM

I am having difficulty finding Zack Jones and Eric Edwards on the rosters for their respective schools. I even looked at Central Michigan for Jones as it appears he did not end up at Ball State.

Can't wait to find out.

I wouldn't put Hinsdale South in the state championship game, they'll be good but I'm not sure about state championship good. Let's slow our roll on that.

Glenbard West, for suuuuuuure. Don't sleep on Hinsdale Central either, I think they are gonna shock a lot of people and make a deep run in the playoffs. Is this the year of the Hinsdale's?

Bones,

I should have known you'd have some excuse as to how the rules apply differently to you. As for post season Banter, there were more people not from Naz claiming they'd win it all than those of us from Naz, so please don't blame that discussion on us. Sure it would have been nice to see a secondary round robin to crown an absolute champ but it's not in the cards right now. I also think that JC started this thread with the intent to discuss the GBW and HS claims preseason that they will dominate and they need to put it up like Naz did last year.

I chirped in because the conversation circled back around to Naz again by people not from or involved with Naz.

I initially was being sarcastic with JC but then get questioned by Dean and today LCN so it's not a thin skin but rather the tiring claim that "well Naz won but they weren't really that good they just got lucky they didn't play anyone talented" I laugh about the sillyness but the kids not so much so I defend them because they have better things to do like attempt to have another memorable season.

As I said before if you want to continue to suggest teams should challenge themselves perhaps Da Brook should as well.

Finally stop whining about Public vs Private enrollment and how they get their kids, there are difference and challenges for both regardless of what you think. You get what the bus stops off and then get to weed it down to the best. We get to try to convince parents to pay $10-15k per year and then when they take the test and don't meet the standard have to talk to them and explain why they didn't get in, it's a heartbreak experience for everyone involved and no where near as simplistic as YOU would have people think!

Nobody said HS is going to win state, conference is as far as any of us went. At ease, disease.

ADVERTISEMENT