ADVERTISEMENT

Every year there are board favorites to win state...this season...

JCHILLTOPPERS

May 29, 2001
last year it was Naz, and the players backed up the poster's talk...almost like the posters knew what they were talking about.

this year, looks Like GBW and Hinsdale South better represent.

On the one hand, we have the 23 D1 Naz team; on the other, we have the Bartlett Freshman...which will GBW and HS be?

Can't wait to find out.

Reactions: capnbillhitters
JC,

Let's not exaggerate it was 13 D1 players that I claimed and all 13 are either enrolled in or holding D1(FBS & FCS) offers.

last year it was Naz, and the players backed up the poster's talk...almost like the posters knew what they were talking about.

this year, looks Like GBW and Hinsdale South better represent.

On the one hand, we have the 23 D1 Naz team; on the other, we have the Bartlett Freshman...which will GBW and HS be?

Can't wait to find out.

Once PC Cary were 7A and SHG was 5A I think 99% of people picked Naz in edgy challenge.this year in 5-8A JC in 5A is the definite odds on favorite. GW if 8A too many good teams. Plus HF is the favorite.

Please list the schools
Off the top of my head,
Shutack - rutgers
Owens -army
Kilcommons x2 - dartmouth x2
Jackson -wyoming
Decx Kelly martin - ISU
Love - Notre dame
Ivory kelly martin- indiana st, wisconsin
Dunn - indiana st.
Prendergast - double digit offers

Rutgers enrolled
Army enrolled and offers
Wyoming enrolled and offers
Nevada offers
Dartmouth x 2 enrolled and offers
Illinois State enrolled and offers
Miami OH offers
Virginia offers
Western Michigan offers
Notre Dame commitment
Penn offer
Indiana State offers
Princeton offer
Toledo offers
Purdue offers
Iowa offers

The list goes on if you'd like me to continue.

Please list the schools

GW if 8A too many good teams. Plus HF is the favorite.

Agreed that H-F is fave for 8A before week 1. GW easily could land in 7A, which might make them fave of that bracket. Put me down as a bull for 7A and only slightly bearish on 8A in comparison to the wildly talented Homer- Flosswood team

Rutgers enrolled
Army enrolled and offers
Wyoming enrolled and offers
Nevada offers
Dartmouth x 2 enrolled and offers
Illinois State enrolled and offers
Miami OH offers
Virginia offers
Western Michigan offers
Notre Dame commitment
Penn offer
Indiana State offers
Princeton offer
Toledo offers
Purdue offers
Iowa offers

The list goes on if you'd like me to continue.
I want to know specifically where the seniors off last year's team are enrolled

Based off this list that's not 13 D1 signatures. Impressive list of "offers" but only 4 look to be fully committed which is still an impressive number for any school in one year.

Based off this list that's not 13 D1 signatures. Impressive list of "offers" but only 4 look to be fully committed which is still an impressive number for any school in one year.
They could go 8A and test all that talent against H-F... Its not Sept 1st yet.

Dean,
Seniors enrolled to play at the following schools.

Rutgers
Army
Dartmouth x2
Wyoming
Illinois state x2
And last I heard there is a grey shirt about to be granted at NIU but still pending a few last items. Always thought this last kid was a legit D1 player but there were some bumps in the road that are now cleared up.

I want to know specifically where the seniors off last year's team are enrolled

LCN,

First off never said there were 13 D1's in last year's graduating class, there were as it turns out 7-8(see answer to Deans specific question). What I claimed last year was that there were 13 D1 kids on the team that would either start or be major contributors. As it turns out I may have actually underestimated and there could have been as many as 16 depending on how things develop for a few kids in the class of 2016 and 2017. Till all is said and done there will be at least 13 kids from the 2014 6A state title team that sign on "their" signing day!

Hey Bones,

We are already playing up based on the multiplier. I guess we'll see if we get whacked by the SF before petitioning up.

Maybe Da Brook should challenge themselves and become the 6th team in the CCL Blue.
Enrollment compared to publics is worthless. You know that though. But my post is to assist in putting an end to all the post season banter. Imagine, you guys win 8A then you dont have to debate back and forth and say you would have beaten Stevenson because you would have done so. You guys wouldnt have a back and forth with @LHSTigers94 about what would have happened.

As for the CCL Blue, it is supposed to be a competition based set up so with our one championship we would be in the White or Red or something. Montini should be the next up.

Bones,

I should have known you'd have some excuse as to how the rules apply differently to you. As for post season Banter, there were more people not from Naz claiming they'd win it all than those of us from Naz, so please don't blame that discussion on us. Sure it would have been nice to see a secondary round robin to crown an absolute champ but it's not in the cards right now. I also think that JC started this thread with the intent to discuss the GBW and HS claims preseason that they will dominate and they need to put it up like Naz did last year.

I chirped in because the conversation circled back around to Naz again by people not from or involved with Naz.

I initially was being sarcastic with JC but then get questioned by Dean and today LCN so it's not a thin skin but rather the tiring claim that "well Naz won but they weren't really that good they just got lucky they didn't play anyone talented" I laugh about the sillyness but the kids not so much so I defend them because they have better things to do like attempt to have another memorable season.

As I said before if you want to continue to suggest teams should challenge themselves perhaps Da Brook should as well.

Finally stop whining about Public vs Private enrollment and how they get their kids, there are difference and challenges for both regardless of what you think. You get what the bus stops off and then get to weed it down to the best. We get to try to convince parents to pay $10-15k per year and then when they take the test and don't meet the standard have to talk to them and explain why they didn't get in, it's a heartbreak experience for everyone involved and no where near as simplistic as YOU would have people think!

Enrollment compared to publics is worthless. You know that though. But my post is to assist in putting an end to all the post season banter. Imagine, you guys win 8A then you dont have to debate back and forth and say you would have beaten Stevenson because you would have done so. You guys wouldnt have a back and forth with @LHSTigers94 about what would have happened.

As for the CCL Blue, it is supposed to be a competition based set up so with our one championship we would be in the White or Red or something. Montini should be the next up.

Bones,

I should have known you'd have some excuse as to how the rules apply differently to you. As for post season Banter, there were more people not from Naz claiming they'd win it all than those of us from Naz, so please don't blame that discussion on us. Sure it would have been nice to see a secondary round robin to crown an absolute champ but it's not in the cards right now. I also think that JC started this thread with the intent to discuss the GBW and HS claims preseason that they will dominate and they need to put it up like Naz did last year.

I chirped in because the conversation circled back around to Naz again by people not from or involved with Naz.

I initially was being sarcastic with JC but then get questioned by Dean and today LCN so it's not a thin skin but rather the tiring claim that "well Naz won but they weren't really that good they just got lucky they didn't play anyone talented" I laugh about the sillyness but the kids not so much so I defend them because they have better things to do like attempt to have another memorable season.

As I said before if you want to continue to suggest teams should challenge themselves perhaps Da Brook should as well.

Finally stop whining about Public vs Private enrollment and how they get their kids, there are difference and challenges for both regardless of what you think. You get what the bus stops off and then get to weed it down to the best. We get to try to convince parents to pay $10-15k per year and then when they take the test and don't meet the standard have to talk to them and explain why they didn't get in, it's a heartbreak experience for everyone involved and no where near as simplistic as YOU would have people think!
Youre delusional right now and probably literally the only one on the planet that thinks the enrollments are the same. What are these rules that apply differently to me? You're grasping at straws. When did I say Naz wasn't good? You're making up things in your mind to be mad about.

It's simply this, you all are claiming that you were the best team in the state, Ive seen here that you all would have beaten Stevie by a couple scores. So on and so forth. Stevie cannot request down into easier classes to face Naz or JC or SHG, but you all can certainly request up. Especially since you are making post after post about being better than the schools in the higher classes. The simple and only solution is to request up. If you don't think you can compete with the best then I understand staying down.

I don't understand making that argument, then coming back in week 14 and saying you were better than schools that played other schools in the conversation.

And this has nothing to do with conferences. Although you choose to play in a conference with 8A schools.

Reactions: mc140
Bones,

I'm not mad, or delusional. Also not the only one on the planet that thinks the success factor should apply to ALL teams. I have no issue with the multiplier. I also was not the one posting time and time again that Naz was the best blah blah blah, more often than not those posts were by non Naz people. Honestly I wish we would have played Stevie, CG, HF, and Provi, to see if we would have won but didn't.

Glad to know having a school with 750 kids playing against a school with 4900 kids makes sense in your world. Sometimes the teams can win some times not but in your world the only time private schools are in the "right" class is when they are NOT winning, right!

Youre delusional right now and probably literally the only one on the planet that thinks the enrollments are the same. What are these rules that apply differently to me? You're grasping at straws. When did I say Naz wasn't good? You're making up things in your mind to be mad about.

It's simply this, you all are claiming that you were the best team in the state, Ive seen here that you all would have beaten Stevie by a couple scores. So on and so forth. Stevie cannot request down into easier classes to face Naz or JC or SHG, but you all can certainly request up. Especially since you are making post after post about being better than the schools in the higher classes. The simple and only solution is to request up. If you don't think you can compete with the best then I understand staying down.

I don't understand making that argument, then coming back in week 14 and saying you were better than schools that played other schools in the conversation.

And this has nothing to do with conferences. Although you choose to play in a conference with 8A schools.

JW I wasn't calling you out so much as I was asking a question.nyou still seem to have the reading problem. You clearly stated earlier in this thread 13 "it was more like 13 D-1 kids." I would copy and paste that but I suck at computers so I would kindly ask you scroll up and read what you posted.

Good luck to the runners this year. Sorry that they got lights. I still love Saturday football.

LCN,

I said the following:

"JC,

Let's not exaggerate it was 13 D1 players that I claimed and all 13 are either enrolled in or holding D1(FBS & FCS) offers."

Note: enrolled or Offers meaning on the team not in the senior class. So your suggestion that I have a reading problem is perhaps projection from your own diffenciency.

JW I wasn't calling you out so much as I was asking a question.nyou still seem to have the reading problem. You clearly stated earlier in this thread 13 "it was more like 13 D-1 kids." I would copy and paste that but I suck at computers so I would kindly ask you scroll up and read what you posted.

Good luck to the runners this year. Sorry that they got lights. I still love Saturday football.

Go ahead and tattle on me then. Seems to be your specialty - doesn't always work though does it. Careful who you tattle on - payback is well, I'm sure you've read that somewhere before.

Glad to know having a school with 750 kids playing against a school with 4900 kids makes sense in your world. Sometimes the teams can win some times not but in your world the only time private schools are in the "right" class is when they are NOT winning, right!

Every coach will take the small school with 13 D1 kids over the school with 4900 kids. Unless that school with 4900 kids has a half dozen d1 atheltes themselves.

Every coach will take the small school with 13 D1 kids over the school with 4900 kids. Unless that school with 4900 kids has a half dozen d1 atheltes themselves.

Agree with that MC

Tattle on you? Now thats rich! Guess rather than admitting when you're wrong its easier to deflect to something else, right? You called me out on a fact and were wrong, then you told me I needed to learn how to read and were wrong, now you want to claim I'm going to tattle on you? "Whateva man you still kissed a dude!" to quote Friends.

Go ahead and tattle on me then. Seems to be your specialty - doesn't always work though does it. Careful who you tattle on - payback is well, I'm sure you've read that somewhere before.

MC,

I'd take 13 D1 Kids too, but without depth of the 4900 kid school it can still be tougher sledding over the season, and thats the argument thats always used by everyone when saying the smaller classes can't compete with the big guys.

And this is EXTREMELY rare. I will paypal Naz $1000 if he can show me a 5A (or old 4A out of 6 classes, or 3A out of 5 classes) school with 6 D1 athletes on their football team in IL within the last 2 decades.

2011 Montini
Westerkamp
Thompson
Borsellino
D Taylor
A Taylor
Briggs
Johnson
Beaugard
Branch
Lowery

There might be more that's just the names I know while glancing at roster.

2012 Montini
Borsellino
Thornton
D Taylor
Maduko (walk on but "will earn scholie"
Norgle
Beaugard
Thompson
Branch
Briggs
Weisenhoffer
Dennis

Again may be more...

Those are two teams off the top of my head I'm sure there are plenty more. I'll take my $1000 though.

TPF,

I was just assembling a similar list. In fairness I think he needs to split the check 3 ways to the school of your choice $334 for the speedy answer, Montini $333 for the team(s), and Naz $333 for the challenge.

Those are two teams off the top of my head I'm sure there are plenty more. I'll take my $1000 though.

But he said 5A...
They keep proving my point...

They came up with a private school and one of the largest schools that produces one of the highest amounts of D1 football prospects in the state. But will claim they are more like Rochelle.

Reactions: mc140
Ok Bones how about Phillips 4A

DeWayne Collins
Jamal Brown
Amir Watts
Quayvon Skanes
Amani Jones
Donald Gardner

They keep proving my point...

They came up with a private school and one of the largest schools that produces one of the highest amounts of D1 football prospects in the state. But will claim they are more like Rochelle.

ADVERTISEMENT