ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Salaries

A lot of coaches make over six figures in the suburbs. Difference is if they stopped coaching football they would still be making six figures since coaching pay is not big percentage of their salary.

A Lot? Are you sure about that.....or are you talking about a handful in the entire state?

A Lot? Are you sure about that.....or are you talking about a handful in the entire state?

Actually I would limit it to the Chicagoland area. Almost every non unit high school district in the area you are making north of 85k with 10-12 years in with teaching salary alone.

But do all of these coaches from down south teach ? Sounds to me that they are getting pretty big raises/offers based on Coaching.

Looks like Josh Niblett (Hoover's coach) is also a strength training (PE teacher). The salaries aren't too crazy. His is pretty high at 125k a year for 20 years of experience though.

The thing you have to remember is that $120,000 per year goes a hell of a lot further in Alabama than it does in northern Illinois.

The thing you have to remember is that $120,000 per year goes a hell of a lot further in Alabama than it does in northern Illinois.
Very true. However, you also have to look at the money the school is bringing in. It's crazy over there.

Very true. However, you also have to look at the money the school is bringing in. It's crazy over there.
I am not complaining about the money they make. I say make as much as you can. I am just pointing out that you can live well anywhere in Alabama on $120,000 a year.

ADVERTISEMENT