HRCJR

Jun 30, 2014
2014-15 IHSA All-State Academic Team presented by Caterpillar

Jacob Smith, Carrollton
Jacob Stone, Carterville
Christian Badillo, Chicago (Lane)
Daniel Hogan, Chicago (Mt. Carmel)
Brooke Gardner, Chicago (Payton)
William Barth, Chicago (St. Ignatius College Prep)
Kristi Ebbers, Dakota
Breeanna Tschosik, Decatur (St. Teresa)
Corinne O'Connor, Kankakee (McNamara)
Kelly Ryser, LaGrange (Lyons)
Clare Wieland, Lake Forest (H.S.)
Sammy Oh, Lincolnshire (Stevenson)
Cassandra Mundekis, Manito (Midwest Central)
Jairon Ritter, Maroa (M.-Forsyth)
Julia Beccue, Mt. Pulaski
Zachary Espinosa, Naperville (Neuqua Valley)
Madison Frerker, Nashville
Alexander Orr, Nashville
Olivia Ott, Neoga
Carolyn Peters, Normal (Community West)
Michael Hill, Oak Park (Fenwick)
Taylor Arends, Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)
Leena Hwang, Oswego (East)
Nicholas Martinez, Palos Heights (Shepard)
Michael Gleason, Rochester
Nathaniel Wieting, Rockford (Lutheran)

Recruiting.

Multiplier isn't big enough.

30-mile radius offers more time to do homework.

If you have never taken a look at the biographies of the students who are selected to the All-State Academic team it's worth a look.
Some amazing achievements, too bad they don't receive more public accolades.

IHSA All-State Academic Team 2013-14

How come Herscher, as a football school, did not get anyone on the Academic Team as did Stevenson and Mt. Carmel?

Stevenson has about 87000 students, we have 600... lucky if our kids can get their shoes tied..

Mount Pulaski has 175.

So basically you are saying that if a Herscher grad walks into my office looking for a job I should in no way higher him or her?

Though I do find it pretty funny that you start this thread as a dig at Herscher and its academics... And then you misspell a word that 99% of our kids can spell... good stuff

Reactions: ClownBaby
HHS - I apologize for my incorrect spelling. Auto-correct got me. I went to a CCL school and should know not to rely on auto-correct. I should be jugged.

So you are basing all of that on the fact that a certain schools 3rd best cross country kid is smarter than the 11th man on our basketball team??

Anyone with a brain can figure that out... maybe you can ask for help???

To claim that a certain school is better than another schools based on this award is idiotic.

So according to your logic, Nashville is the best academic school in the state of Illinois..

The only thing this might prove is we didn't have a kid nominated, who played two sports and achieved the academic level of these 25 kids..

Who says we strive for mediocrity?? One of the top small school athletic programs in the state (maybe best boys program??)... A recent list had us as the 13th best small school in Illinois, our biggest knock being we had very few minorities... We are in the top tier, what's that say about the bottom 95% of the small, rural schools??

Can someone please enlighten me as to the purpose of this thread? From what I have read, it has nothing to do with the kids and their achievements. I don't see anyone actually congratulating them on the accomplishment.

This is nothing more than one poster starting a thread to call another poster out. Correct me, but when I first came here I understood that Edgy would flush any thread that was started for the sole purpose of one poster calling out another. Was I incorrect?

A few months ago a poster, who just happens to be posting here, started a thread for the sole purpose of calling me out. Edgy flushed that thread quicker than you can flush a runny pile of crap. What's the deal here?

It's the off season, so kinda fun on a slow day..

Good for the kids, wish the ihsa would have included what colleges they were attending...

Can someone please enlighten me as to the purpose of this thread? From what I have read, it has nothing to do with the kids and their achievements. I don't see anyone actually congratulating them on the accomplishment.

This is nothing more than one poster starting a thread to call another poster out. Correct me, but when I first came here I understood that Edgy would flush any thread that was started for the sole purpose of one poster calling out another. Was I incorrect?

A few months ago a poster, who just happens to be posting here, started a thread for the sole purpose of calling me out. Edgy flushed that thread quicker than you can flush a runny pile of crap. What's the deal here?
It's the off season, so kinda fun on a slow day..

Good for the kids, wish the ihsa would have included what colleges they were attending...
You are not answering my question. I want to know why a thread, designed to call another poster out, is not being flushed. The thread I named also came during the off season...in January. Again, as of my first post, I didn't see any congratulations to the kids. This thread never was about the kids.

2014-15 IHSA All-State Academic Team presented by Caterpillar

Jacob Smith, Carrollton
Jacob Stone, Carterville
Christian Badillo, Chicago (Lane)
Daniel Hogan, Chicago (Mt. Carmel)
Brooke Gardner, Chicago (Payton)
William Barth, Chicago (St. Ignatius College Prep)
Kristi Ebbers, Dakota
Breeanna Tschosik, Decatur (St. Teresa)
Corinne O'Connor, Kankakee (McNamara)
Kelly Ryser, LaGrange (Lyons)
Clare Wieland, Lake Forest (H.S.)
Sammy Oh, Lincolnshire (Stevenson)
Cassandra Mundekis, Manito (Midwest Central)
Jairon Ritter, Maroa (M.-Forsyth)
Julia Beccue, Mt. Pulaski
Zachary Espinosa, Naperville (Neuqua Valley)
Madison Frerker, Nashville
Alexander Orr, Nashville
Olivia Ott, Neoga
Carolyn Peters, Normal (Community West)
Michael Hill, Oak Park (Fenwick)
Taylor Arends, Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)
Leena Hwang, Oswego (East)
Nicholas Martinez, Palos Heights (Shepard)
Michael Gleason, Rochester
Nathaniel Wieting, Rockford (Lutheran)

If you have never taken a look at the biographies of the students who are selected to the All-State Academic team it's worth a look.
Some amazing achievements, too bad they don't receive more public accolades.

IHSA All-State Academic Team 2013-14

Both of these posts do Mirakle. It initially started well, and then I believe he changed the title of the thread.

Both of these posts do Mirakle. It initially started well, and then I believe he changed the title of the thread.
I would say the second one you include may be true but not the first if you think about the title of the thread. I must agree with HHS in that this was started as a dig at Herscher. The "so-called congratulations" came later and was kind of weak at that.

But with that said no one has answered my question as to why this thread remains when one poster started it to call out another. I thought we weren't supposed to do that. Has that rule changed?

The thread WAS and IS about the kids.
The reference to Herscher was just (in my view) a humorous aside.

ALL these kids deserve a big congrats on a job well done.

Gaelman -

As the originator the reference was meant to Herscher was meant to be humorous. Perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn't. I apologize to all those educated at Herscher.

Gaelman -

As the originator the reference was meant to Herscher was meant to be humorous. Perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn't. I apologize to all those educated at Herscher.
Well, I don't think HHS got the "humor." Saying congrats to the kids now is a little late isn't it? But, better late than never. I am not taking offense to the thread, I just want to know why this still exists as it definitely appears to be calling someone out. I still don't have an answer to that question yet. It also shows just a little smugness here and there. But whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT