ADVERTISEMENT

After MC gets to Semi This Year

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
That will make 23 of last 30 seasons they will have done so. Amazing statistic.

I was about to make a thread about the Marist game... we'll use this. How do you see the MC/Marist game playing out?

I was about to make a thread about the Marist game... we'll use this. How do you see the MC/Marist game playing out?
Not totally sure what Marist has back-MC still has some tinkering to do on D, week 1 might be a little sloppy, probly something like 35-14.
MC comes out on top D is just better
Defense will need some tweaking. I could see a higher scoring game then some would think.

Cant wait to see HF vs MC. Come playoff time its going to very exciting in the higher classes. Talked to Dave recently seeing if this year's defense can match with that great 13', always tight lipped, but I can tell Dave is very, very excited about this years upcoming squad.

not sure any team will match 12-13 defense but anxious to see Griffith and some key people back like Greer, Guerra, Saffold, Williams. Let's just hope if they play it doesn't come down to last play in driving rainstorm like 1988.

Last edited:
As an old SR grad, the only feeling stronger than dislike of MC is jealousy. Absolutely amazing success by Lenti. They could easily have 15-16 state titles, and a number of their titles were won when they were not the most talented team in 7A/8A. They are hands-down the best and most successful football program in Illinois since Lenti got there.

not sure any team will match 12-13 defense but anxious to see Griffith and some key people back like Greer, Guerra, Saffold, Williams. Let's just hope if they play it doesn't come down to last play in driving rainstorm like 1988.

6A was loaded in 1988. MC's run was amazing in that I think SR, HF, and East St. Louis were all undefeated prior to losing to MC. It hurt so bad sitting in the stands at 63rd and claremont and watching MC run over SR in the 4th quarter of that semifinal game in 88.

88 was the year Prodigy was a ballerina and Jay Z was getting chased through his building. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I am excited about Griffith in the defensive backfield. Can Saffold come close to reaching the level of play Searles did in '13 (he was arguably the most valuable member of that team)? What will the defensive line look like? And if Lewis is truly out to concentrate on baseball, what does last years Soph RB & Alek Thomas bring to the table as the secondary runners this season? While I think it should be a successful season, I just hope the team doesn't read to much of the hype beforehand.

I really just need to see the Brown White Scrimmage and see what is going on. After 2012 I left there called people said best defense ever wont allow more then 2 defensive TDs in a game all year which was true. So just need to see who is playing and how it looks. Secondary should be great. D line need someone in addition to Houston and Greer.

I am excited about Griffith in the defensive backfield. Can Saffold come close to reaching the level of play Searles did in '13 (he was arguably the most valuable member of that team)? What will the defensive line look like? And if Lewis is truly out to concentrate on baseball, what does last years Soph RB & Alek Thomas bring to the table as the secondary runners this season? While I think it should be a successful season, I just hope the team doesn't read to much of the hype beforehand.

Lewis will be back. He is baseball teammates with my son and as of last week, he has every intention on returning as a RB to this year's team. The two of them have dreamed about facing off against each other of the football field and I think the chances are high that it may actually happen this year.

Brown/White game is always a good barometer of how an upcoming season will go. I agree that the D line needs someone else to step up if the defense will be a really special one. So much firepower in 8A, have to be able to make stops and pressure the QB.

HFDAD- I hope your son is correct and Lewis is back. Never want to lose a 1,000 yard rusher, no matter what else is in the cupboard.

Brown/White game is always a good barometer of how an upcoming season will go. I agree that the D line needs someone else to step up if the defense will be a really special one. So much firepower in 8A, have to be able to make stops and pressure the QB.

HFDAD- I hope your son is correct and Lewis is back. Never want to lose a 1,000 yard rusher, no matter what else is in the cupboard.
I hope so to.could have Ries in there every down and rotate Lewis with other back etc.

Marist has better shot then some think in this game. Marist has a lot returning on the offensive side of the ball. Quarterback Brendan Skalitzky can both run all over defenses, and throw the ball. Also heard most of there wide outs will be back led by Liam Keffer, and Ryan Glasscott. Also that coach over there Pat Dunne is one hell of a football coach. Watch out for the Red hawks/Redskins come 2015 season.

Marist has better shot then some think in this game. Marist has a lot returning on the offensive side of the ball. Quarterback Brendan Skalitzky can both run all over defenses, and throw the ball. Also heard most of there their wide outs will be back led by Liam Keffer, and Ryan Glasscott. Also that coach over there Pat Dunne is one hell of a football coach. Watch out for the Red hawks/Redskins come 2015 season.

Mmk, thanks fratty

Reactions: AMBofQUAN
Who knows with Marist. took a last minute TD to beat them in week 3 in '99 20-15. MC went on to 5A , Marist did not make playoffs. Anything can happen. MC traditionally takes a while to get in full gear.

MC struggled a bit early in the St. Pat's game at Soldier Field in '13. It took a Searles pick 6 to get on the scoreboard and then it snowballed from there. Look for the 1st few possessions to be a feeling out, lots of dives and short passes. MC has had some hesitation in pulling the ball and going outside on the option in opening games the past 2 seasons.

struggled a bit early c'mon 40-0!!! That is how good they were they struggled week 1 won 40-0. But I would say after looking at roster, have a rough idea where some people will be on D. Certainly WAY more settled then last year and the offense is set.

That was how good they were & that was the 1st sign of how special a player Searles was that year. He had the pick 6 and had a great TD catch where he out jumped 2 defenders. Being up 6-0 after 1st quarter against a St. Pat's team that finished 7-4 on the season and was average pretty much all around is "struggling early".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT