ADVERTISEMENT

7A

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
A lot of guess work BUT it does appear that Boylan being bumped (I have at 5-4) and East St Louis petition IF it goes through have pushed down Cary and PC to 6A.

1 GW
32 Pekin

16 Fenwick
17 Benet

9 Geneva
24 DGN

8 East St Louis
25 Lake Zurich

4 Batavia
29 LWC

13 Belle W
20 Plainfield E

12 Bradley
21 Machesney Park Harlem

5 Libertyville
28 Andrew

2 Simeon
31 Niles North

15 GBN
18 Com

10 Rockton Honegah
23 Highland Park

7 WWS
26 Jacobs

3 LWE
30 Boylan

14 Wheaton N
19 Rolling Meadows

11 Glenbrook N
22 Willowbrook

6 St Charles N
27 Plainfield N

Wait, if PC and Cary get pushed down to 6A, does this mean now hypothetically they would not have a chance to compete in 8A?!?! Since they are a 6A school they obvious wouldn't have the depth to ever compete in the 8A playoffs? 8A playoffs are such a grind and simply any school lower than 6A obviously could never compete with the lack of depth..

Wait, if PC and Cary get pushed down to 6A, does this mean now hypothetically they would not have a chance to compete in 8A?!?! Since they are a 6A school they obvious wouldn't have the depth to ever compete in the 8A playoffs? 8A playoffs are such a grind and simply any school lower than 6A obviously could never compete with the lack of depth..
Cary is a public school so they would never be multiplied or have a success factor assessed.

well no matter what class they fall this year, if they got to title game and landed in 7A next year-they would be bumped to 8A.. If u look at PC's history they have been in 2nd highest class 9 times and won 2 titles (94 and 14) so obviously the higher they have gone up their title ratio goes down from winning 3rd and 4th highest classes.

Last edited:
A lot of guess work BUT it does appear that Boylan being bumped (I have at 5-4) and East St Louis petition IF it goes through have pushed down Cary and PC to 6A.

1 GW
32 Pekin

16 Fenwick
17 Benet

9 Geneva
24 DGN

8 East St Louis
25 Lake Zurich

4 Batavia
29 LWC

13 Belle W
20 Plainfield E

12 Bradley
21 Machesney Park Harlem

5 Libertyville
28 Andrew

2 Simeon
31 Niles North

15 GBN
18 Com

10 Rockton Honegah
23 Highland Park

7 WWS
26 Jacobs

3 LWE
30 Boylan

14 Wheaton N
19 Rolling Meadows

11 Glenbrook N
22 Willowbrook

6 St Charles N
27 Plainfield N

Thanks, DOS. I was expecting SR to be in at 5 - 4, but I digress. I guess Bronco or Malvern Prep will be losses for the Mustangs. Good work!

well it is all guess work. dont even know a lot about many of these teams. but with Rita I am going off of the 2 key people recently who are not playing. had they been playing, i have Rita in. Probably opening at Geneva then hosting Flyer.

I have St.Rita beating BR at home to end the season with a 6-3 record.
Rita -Rice was going off Rice winning last 2 of 3 but certainly Rita could get in. I think it comes down to the opener. Don't know too much about that team.

well it is all guess work. dont even know a lot about many of these teams. but with Rita I am going off of the 2 key people recently who are not playing. had they been playing, i have Rita in. Probably opening at Geneva then hosting Flyer.

That's fair enough. I am guessing D.G. is one of those players, because of past injury and sole focus on baseball? Your predictions and thoughts are usually spot on, though, so I am not taking this prediction with a "grain of salt."

Reactions: capnbillhitters
DOS you have HF @ #1 in 8A and LWE #3 here, are you expecting only 2 undefeated 7A teams? It would be excellent if PC & CG requested up.

That's fair enough. I am guessing D.G. is one of those players, because of past injury and sole focus on baseball? Your predictions and thoughts are usually spot on, though, so I am not taking this prediction with a "grain of salt."
My mole told me 2 captains elected in Jan quit recently. yes , u are correct on that 1.

DOS you have HF @ #1 in 8A and LWE #3 here, are you expecting only 2 undefeated 7A teams? It would be excellent if PC & CG requested up.
just ran through it. it is very tedious. u will never know pain until u look at all the Plainfield schedules and try and differentiate. I have HF 9-0 and LWE at 8-1. Obviously not exact , haven't read all team previews etc but it illustrates how the SF -bumping up a Boylan based on 2011 2012 results when they got teeth kicked in last 2 years in playoffs-will have unintended consequences like pushing PC down to 6A perhaps.

just ran through it. it is very tedious. u will never know pain until u look at all the Plainfield schedules and try and differentiate. I have HF 9-0 and LWE at 8-1. Obviously not exact , haven't read all team previews etc but it illustrates how the SF -bumping up a Boylan based on 2011 2012 results when they got teeth kicked in last 2 years in playoffs-will have unintended consequences like pushing PC down to 6A perhaps.

And those unintended consequences were the exact reason I don't like the SF. TBH I see why you have HF at 9-0 and I think they are the best team in the SWSB... but LWE just wins the conference regardless of who the best team is.

first 2 things I do as Supreme Chancellor are 1-only count enrollment 10-12 like Ohio does-this way a large or small frosh class doesn't skew and bring back FE.

Witty,

If they have a rough time with Malvern, they have much much larger problems.

jwar--I am surmising then that Malvern might not be that good of a team? Good news. Two "tomato cans" before the Bronco game? If so, then Week Three will decide whether or not SR gets in with a probable 5 - 4 record, if believing all the headlines.

I understand Boylan, Hononegah and Harlem are the logical choice for the NIC -10. However, Rockford Auburn (6-4) returns 7 starter on Offense & 6 on the top Defense in the conference from last year. Also, the lower levels have only lost one game combined in the last 3 season with 5 underclassmen never playing freshman or Sophomore. Rockford Auburn 9-0 or 8-1, Hononegah still has some players. SIDENOTE: Auburn ' s juniors beat Lombard Montini as freshman.

I understand Boylan, Hononegah and Harlem are the logical choice for the NIC -10. However, Rockford Auburn (6-4) returns 7 starter on Offense & 6 on the top Defense in the conference from last year. Also, the lower levels have only lost one game combined in the last 3 season with 5 underclassmen never playing freshman or Sophomore. Rockford Auburn 9-0 or 8-1, Hononegah still has some players. SIDENOTE: Auburn ' s juniors beat Lombard Montini as freshman.

Boylan is no longer a logical choice as we seen last season. Their program is going down. I do agree Auburn Hononegah and Harlem in that order would be the top 3 this year. Boylan will be lucky to get 5 wins. They will really only beat East Jefferson Freeport and MAYBE Belvidere North since North is going to the double wing this season and they lost a lot of talent. Have not really heard anything about Guilford so that will be up in the air so they may just sneak into the 5 wins. However if they beat a tough Belvidere team week 1 they will go 5-4 at the least. So I guess you can say week 1 will determine their whole season this year.

Reactions: kevin.lowe
well MC finished last in Blue and gave eventual champ St Joes a 28-27 game. Not a good game though cause not a traditional power-even though won 2nd in a row last year. So maybe Rita can beat this team from PA. the Guy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer went to Malvern just saw. Rita wins must beat Bronco for playoffs.

Don't know too much on what these teams will have. Boylan from what I am seeing has nothing so I had at 5-4. I like the SF but Boylan has great teams in 11 and 12 then gets blown out of the ballpark last years in playoffs-THEY get bumped this year w nothing if they make it and PC might get pushed down cause of it.

well MC finished last in Blue and gave eventual champ St Joes a 28-27 game. Not a good game though cause not a traditional power-even though won 2nd in a row last year. So maybe Rita can beat this team from PA. the Guy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer went to Malvern just saw. Rita wins must beat Bronco for playoffs.

Yes, I do agree, this does make sense. Not sure how J-war got his information about Malvern Prep, but for now, I will take his word and just assume a victory. I don't think SR will be that bad. As for the Broncos, yes, it would be a huge game, indeed. Maybe this scenario could play out: SR goes 3 - 0 (beating Mal and Bronco) and are very competitive against MC in Week Four. Confidence is huge and the BR game is now a "pick-em."

Is SR going to start a junior QB this year?

Whitty,

My Tax attorney's son in PA plays Lax and Rugby for Malvern. They are a middle of the road football team in PA and from time to time make the playoffs but are far from a power. I was honestly surprised to hear they were playing out of state, but it may be a result of St. Joe's making the trip out last season and keeping up with the Jone's. I will check with him again but I really don't see this as that big a challenge unless your guys are really that down. If anyone is really interested in a list of the PA big boys I can work on getting that together.

Yes, I do agree, this does make sense. Not sure how J-war got his information about Malvern Prep, but for now, I will take his word and just assume a victory. I don't think SR will be that bad. As for the Broncos, yes, it would be a huge game, indeed. Maybe this scenario could play out: SR goes 3 - 0 (beating Mal and Bronco) and are very competitive against MC in Week Four. Confidence is huge and the BR game is now a "pick-em."

I will say if Rita beats Bronco they are in. Rita 4-5 in '12 was not a terrible team just didn't make it with tough schedule. I don't expect Rita to ever lose bad this year just will they have enough. If they get in u are probly opening up at a Rockton Honegah or Geneva. I think Rita is anywhere from 4-5 to 6-3 but probly with the way 7A looks if GW in there, is WWS back, is Flyer petition granted etc if they get in probly Quarters furthest they could take it.

Last edited:
Even though WWS has been good in the past, they lost alot of leadership with the senoirs leaving so I think they will be a solid 5-4 team especially with the Valley schools entering in the DVC. Should be interesting to see how that conference plays out.

Even though WWS has been good in the past, they lost alot of leadership with the senoirs leaving so I think they will be a solid 5-4 team especially with the Valley schools entering in the DVC. Should be interesting to see how that conference plays out.
I watched WWS in three 7 on 7 games and got a feel for their qb and receivers. A talented group of kids, but they need to fix their penalties. Got kind of rough a few times, but hey, they're kids.

Reactions: tlord27
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT