ADVERTISEMENT

3A and 4A Predictions

it looked pretty bad I didn't even offer a prediction on it. anything can happen single elim

Any chance Benet or St.Pats upset Naz in the sectional? That is a pretty, pretty weak sectional this year.
I would say yes to both of those. Earlier in the year Benet lost to Naz in 9 innings. Naz is not playing its best baseball right now. Pats beat a good Marist team yesterday and was leading JCA 2-1 in the 8th inning Saturday when the game was suspended due to rain.

3A I have JC v Chathman Glenwood in semi and JC v Naz in title game
4A Eville v MC
JCA is gonna have to start hitting the ball if they want to advance. They may have the best pitching in the state, but they really struggle to score runs.

Pretty sure Fellows. Delasandro will pitch first game. Nice to have two #1's

Nazareth has been inconsistent at times, but they are capable of making a deep run. St. Pat's and Benet have the capability of beating Naz, however Nazareth's pitching and hitting should get them to the Supersectional.

JCA is gonna have to start hitting the ball if they want to advance. They may have the best pitching in the state, but they really struggle to score runs.

I've only seen JC twice early in the year. But, that sounds like a typical Voss team. When is the last good hitting team they've had? IMO, Voss plays a defensive brand of baseball. Traditionally, does any team bunt as much as JC?

Prairie Ridge vs. St. Charles North. I'm more confident in the Wolves then the North Stars in getting to the finals.

Edwardsville the odds on favorite at 31-1 in 4A. 3A JC v Chatham Glenwood in the semi is the title game

Any .500 or slightly below .500 teams that can knock off one of the top teams early due to one really good pitcher?

anything could happen in single elim. if the seeds held up MC would have to beat SR, DGS, Jacobs-all 3 of which have beaten them, then Edwardsville.

anything could happen in single elim. if the seeds held up MC would have to beat SR, DGS, Jacobs-all 3 of which have beaten them, then Edwardsville.
many variables with who's pitching etc and impossible to see all these teams but just going off various factors my final 4 4A:

MC v Jacobs
Edwardsville Tiger v Oak Park Huskie

ADVERTISEMENT