ADVERTISEMENT

2015 St. Rita Football

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
Is Rita going to be really down this year? Looking at the CCL Blue predictions, in addition to reading some posts, it looks as though this is going to be a tough year for the Mustangs.

Tomloner or anyone with some knowledge, you have any insights? I thought the incoming seniors did fairly well as underclassmen. PC and Loyola dominated SR last year; I am hoping for a dominant offensive line, so the Mustangs can stay in some of these CCL Blue games.

Never thought I'd be saying this, but bring back the I-formation and just try and pound the ball. That's if the talent isn't there to run the same offense they ran last year.

Two years ago, it worked great, especially with Tommy Mister at the helm.

Any thoughts?

Is Rita going to be really down this year? Looking at the CCL Blue predictions, in addition to reading some posts, it looks as though this is going to be a tough year for the Mustangs.

Tomloner or anyone with some knowledge, you have any insights? I thought the incoming seniors did fairly well as underclassmen. PC and Loyola dominated SR last year; I am hoping for a dominant offensive line, so the Mustangs can stay in some of these CCL Blue games.

Never thought I'd be saying this, but bring back the I-formation and just try and pound the ball. That's if the talent isn't there to run the same offense they ran last year.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
T

This years senior class went 9-0 as freshmen in 2012.

MC seniors were only 6-3 as frosh -worst record since the 70s. really screwed this year.

just so many variables. what were the scores? anyone transfer out, in? Anyone drop football to concentrate on another sport? Incoming juniors any good? any key sophs up that will contribute?

Im a little out of the loop now a days when it comes to my Mustangs. But I always feel like they always fall short 2 games of their potential since the Kuska era. I have high expectations and feel that the talent is there. They have a number of NFL players since the state championship team. Kafka, Flemming, Gaston, etc. Maybe its just a small antidote to my personal experience. But when a 5-4 6-3 rita team comes around I dont have confidence that they get past the second round. Compared to a MC team or other teams that get in at 5-4 and will make a run. Always have that feeling of a day late a penny short when the season ends, and I lay that mostly on the coaching..

Im a little out of the loop now a days when it comes to my Mustangs. But I always feel like they always fall short 2 games of their potential since the Kuska era. I have high expectations and feel that the talent is there. They have a number of NFL players since the state championship team. Kafka, Flemming, Gaston, etc. Maybe its just a small antidote to my personal experience. But when a 5-4 6-3 rita team comes around I dont have confidence that they get past the second round. Compared to a MC team or other teams that get in at 5-4 and will make a run. Always have that feeling of a day late a penny short when the season ends, and I lay that mostly on the coaching..

Need Gleeves to be healthy.

he is not playing to concentrate on baseball

It's a sad day when the AD works against the football team. He wants his baseball players to refrain from playing football. This may be his last year at the baseball helm when his kid graduates. The Basketball coach kept a kid off the football team last year too. This would never happen at MC.

It's a sad day when the AD works against the football team. He wants his baseball players to refrain from playing football. This may be his last year at the baseball helm when his kid graduates. The Basketball coach kept a kid off the football team last year too. This would never happen at MC.

Those 1/4 and 1/3 baseball scholarships are big business.

Maybe the kid actually likes baseball better?... Miss a football summer camp session for a baseball game and see how fast you lose your starting spot.

Maybe the kid actually likes baseball better?... Miss a football summer camp session for a baseball game and see how fast you lose your starting spot.

I guess that depends where you are at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT