ADVERTISEMENT

2015: A match made in Edgy Heaven?

Is this the year? It might be!

MC vs GBW!

The edgy board has been waiting for this one for years. This season - all the elements are ripe! Both teams are set to be in excellent form.

Please GOD ... I want to feel the tension of Dean vs Gepreps.

I'll second this. War on Lake Ellyn? Or more appropriate in DeKalb?

I'll second this. War on Lake Ellyn? Or more appropriate in DeKalb?

there has to be build up for this one. Has to be in DeKalb.

I bet dean will make some kind of prediction re the same. Probably sometime around week 6 when we start to get a feel on where GW will be.

Most interesting about this match-up for me is the GW offense. GW backers seem very impressed with what the 2015 squad has to offer on that side of the ball. It has been my major critique of the program. Meanwhile, MC backers are quietly thinking this could be one of MC's better defenses. Dean will be quick to point out it is not the 2013 defense...but still.

If this game happens, I may start a kick starter campaign to fund tickets form me to fly in.

there has to be build up for this one. Has to be in DeKalb.

If this game happens, I may start a kick starter campaign to fund tickets form me to fly in.

I'll help fund that effort.

GW has always been limited on O, and the talk of this MC defense is close to 2013, so maybe if it goes down, Deanstrodamus could make a prediction? @DeanOfSelection, weigh in, please.

Fingers crossed for this to come true. It's a long season but, heck, November's just around the corner!

If MC is in 8A, and it sounds as though they will be - GBW v MC is the inevitable 8A title game.

Just spent a weekend watching the GW boys bond and see where a nice run is possible. The 1-32 format has everyone excited to see how the brackets set up. 8A seems inevitable for GW, so it is a numbers game for MC.

As some know, Hitter OC from last 9 years left for HC job at Elk Grove, so the play calling may take a few games to find rhythm. Bolingbrook in week 1 should provide an early barometer. By the looks of it, Duchon Field grass could be six inches long by kickoff.

This sr class has had the "weight of expectations" for years. Maybe best thing to happen to them was to lay an egg (relatively speaking but losses were kooky) during their sophomore year.

As it stands, they have all the pieces but if Edgy or national rankings place "really big expectations" on them, it may take an early loss to galvanize them. The 2011 team might have made a longer run if they had to overcome adversity before LZ. Always hard to predict how 17 year olds will react, but pretty sure Hetlett has their attention.

This sr class has had the "weight of expectations" for years. Maybe best thing to happen to them was to lay an egg (relatively speaking but losses were kooky) during their sophomore year.

As it stands, they have all the pieces but if Edgy or national rankings place "really big expectations" on them, it may take an early loss to galvanize them. The 2011 team might have made a longer run if they had to overcome adversity before LZ. Always hard to predict how 17 year olds will react, but pretty sure Hetlett has their attention.
I agree that this year's Hitter seniors are pretty good, but some of the incoming juniors are going to impress right away. This may be the best offense in school history, with plenty of talent joining Brodner in the backfield and an experienced offensive line. On defense, in the 3-5 formation, they may have the most talent ever in each of the 3 linemen and the 5 backers, with the only question being can the remaining 3 d-backs live up to expectations. The first game of the season is often a crap shoot for GW. If they have their stuff together for game 1, then this could be a very special season. But as you said, they are still a bunch of 17 year olds...lol. I'll take this one game at a time.

I'm all in Chuck, but we have watched some pretty good d-linemen come through Duchon with 3 all-staters in four years. I just choose to pump the brakes a little in the face of the monsters of the midway over at MC.

As the thread topic started, wouldn't a MC/GW game in DeKalb be the perfect capper to a fun season?

Reactions: chuck998
If MC is in 8A, and it sounds as though they will be - GBW v MC is the inevitable 8A title game.
MC is 8A with success factor. I don't think MC GW is inevitable at all. Too many good teams in 8A. HF is by far the favorite. a couple yards away from winning 8A last year and 2 of the 3 losses to 14-0 Patriot and all these key people back. MC was last in Blue and was 8-5 much work to be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: illini14
agreed - HF is the favorite heading into the season.

good god, watching those games on the cube is going to be a nightmare.

since 1-32 your odds on favorite for 4 semi teams would be H-F, GW, MC, LA and I'll tell u what I would not wanna play Simeon and Maine S might be really good to. Too many landmines to count on MC-GW.

Last edited:
Capt b is back lol

Anyways I gotta figure HF is the favorite... but these other two teams are 1b and 1c with LWE being 1d.

Capt b is back lol

Back and ready for the fray. Rivals is so difficult to renew I had to start anew. Learned enough lessons about sandbagging from you guys that I am thinking GW will be lucky to win conference this year.

I did go back and look at the enrollments though and see where it seems 50/50 that GW ends up in 7A with MC. Only need a couple of swing games to setup the "year of the disputed champ" with 8A Champ HF/LA/Simeon and 7A Champ GW/SR/LWE/MC talking smack into the winter.

I just hope our "limited O" holds up through the cold days. :D

Back and ready for the fray. Rivals is so difficult to renew I had to start anew. Learned enough lessons about sandbagging from you guys that I am thinking GW will be lucky to win conference this year.

I did go back and look at the enrollments though and see where it seems 50/50 that GW ends up in 7A with MC. Only need a couple of swing games to setup the "year of the disputed champ" with 8A Champ HF/LA/Simeon and 7A Champ GW/SR/LWE/MC talking smack into the winter.

I just hope our "limited O" holds up through the cold days. :D
I'm just hoping not to get clocked vs GBW, LWE, and HF... my hope is @Big C 80 uses restraint

Reactions: capnbillhitters
@Cross Bones in mid-season sandbagging form. Rest up, it's a long season.
All...people say this every year then it turns out to be true. I think by the HF game in 2011 I was also predicting state. 2012 I liked our chances when healthy despite the sophomore defense. 2013 I explained that the 9-0 record was deceptive and that the 6-3 2014 team though not great, was better than 2013 and would go further.

This season I am expecting a 6-3 or 5-4 but to be much better in week 9 than week 1 if healthy. But with the bookends being GBW and HF it may be hard to tell. I expect to be much better and win those games in 2016 except LWE who we never beat on the road and half the time at home.

I really do believe Bones this year and don't think he's sandbagging at all. What I'm a bit confused by is the 2016 prediction with the departure of Tuf. Really interested to hear more there!
Great players come and go. Tuf will graduate and someone will step in like Julian for Morrison. This junior class is supposed to be a really good class for us. But I think they are going to be too young and inexperienced this season for the brutal top of the schedule similar to 2010. However, if they prove to be formidable this season I'll be really excited for 2016.

A 1 seed vs 2 seed match up in DeKalb between GBW and MC makes the huge assumption that both teams will be undefeated and have the playoff points necessary to be seeded 1 and 2, not to mention the assumption that both teams will win all four playoff games before meeting in the title game. Those are some pretty long odds.

Besides, DOS is already on record as predicting an 8-1 regular season finish for MC which would almost certainly rule out a 1 or 2 seed for the Caravan. He has also predicted that MC will get to the semis this year, but he has not predicted an MC title game appearance.

A 1 seed vs 2 seed match up in DeKalb between GBW and MC makes the huge assumption that both teams will be undefeated and have the playoff points necessary to be seeded 1 and 2, not to mention the assumption that both teams will win all four playoff games before meeting in the title game. Those are some pretty long odds.

Besides, DOS is already on record as predicting an 8-1 regular season finish for MC which would almost certainly rule out a 1 or 2 seed for the Caravan. He has also predicted that MC will get to the semis this year, but he has not predicted an MC title game appearance.
I need to see Brown White Scrimmage first to get a feel. Blue just so tough to run table look at the talent PC 14, MC 13 MC 12 had and didn't run table enroute to titles.

Reactions: AMBofQUAN
When I did a quick guess at the 32 largest playoff schools GBW was 32 and I didn't do any looking into the CPS conferences. GBW could easily slip into 7A again. I would prefer them in 8A though. When was the last time the top seeds made it?

ADVERTISEMENT